[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I took my laptop in to have the hard drive replaced and the shop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 399x399
I took my laptop in to have the hard drive replaced and the shop said that I'd have to pay $100 extra for Windows to be installed which I can't afford. Is it possible to get Windows 8.1 for free? This is an aspire laptop I only bought last July. But the warranty is voided because I already sent it back to target and they couldn't repair it so they sent me back the broken laptop and refunded me my $300. So am I fucked or is there a way?
>>
>>55015635
install ubuntu
>>
>>55015655
I want Windows 8.1 you can't get the apps you need without Windows or mac operating systems and I'm not going to be going on the deep web of anything illegal.
>>
>>55015713
Beggars can't be choosers, as the saying goes.
But if you really want to have Windows 8 for free, try to pirate it.
>>
>>55015713

pirate it you cuck
>>
Install Linux, its free as in Freedom, easy to set up and will never cuck you.

xubuntu.org
>>
>>55015830
But I'm giving this laptop to my grandma she has a desktop PC from 2007 that runs WXP. She has no idea what the hell Linux is. I'm just trying to give her a Windows PC that's easy. What I don't understand is now that Windows 10 is out shouldn't older versions be free? Or is Microsoft just basically trying to fuck over anyone who dares install anything not named Windows 10?
>>
>>55016078
Pirate it nigger.
>>
Daz Loader. You can thank me later.
>>
>>55015830
Link obviously not related?
That's not a GNU/Linux distribution that the Free Software Foundation approves of.
>>
>>55016078
>What I don't understand is now that Windows 10 is out shouldn't older versions be free?
..what?
That's like saying now that Call of Duty [whatever the current version is] is out, all the older versions should be free.
>>
>>55016130
But I don't know want to get my grandma in trouble. If I call aced could they retrieve the product key? Or would they even have that info?
>>
>>55016231
It's illegal to share not download.
>>
>>55015635
Just reinstall it yourself, there's a key printed somewhere on the laptop.
>>
>>55015635
fuck you OP, use the SQT for this inane bullshit
>>
>>55015635
you have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>55015713
Just install it. It will bitch that it isn't genuine and you won't get updates, but at least it isn't malware like pirated software.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.