[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since in August I'll be losing most of my Onedrive space,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: bhavitva21[1].png (20 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
bhavitva21[1].png
20 KB, 512x512
Since in August I'll be losing most of my Onedrive space, I'm looking for an alternative to sync my shit with the cloud and between devices with ease.
What does /g/ use?
>inb4 hurr botnet
>>
File: microsd.jpg (63 KB, 616x345) Image search: [Google]
microsd.jpg
63 KB, 616x345
>>
>>55010417
Mega?
>>
>>55010417
Google Drive is pretty neat :^)
>>
>Using the syncing jew.
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>55010573
>hurr botnet
>>
>>55010598
Good goy.
>>
>>55010617
Are you circumsised? I sure hope not.
>>
>>55010598
Yo let me send you my sp0rkeh.exe since you don't care. I need more bitcoins
>>
>>55010635
Of course not.
>>
OP here, is Mediafire good? I recently found out I have 55GB for free there (no idea why). Is it reliable? Especially the desktop client for syncing.
>>
Have amazon unlimited storage.
Oh, and the best part is I got it for free.
Thanks based amazon.
>>
Dropbox works pretty well. It creates local copies of files synced when you install it on a machine, and that's helped me on a few occasions when my school's internet shit out.
>>
>>55010488
Mega.
>>
Dropbox or Google Drive are the only non shit options.
>>
>>55013002
>>55013250
But how much space do you get for free? I have 30GB now, and I need about that much at least.
>>
>>55013408

How about you just go to their fucking websites since it says how much.
>>
>>55013453
I asked because as fas as I know Dropbox gives 2GB and Google Drive 15GB.
I was wondering if they changed that recently. They have not.
>>
>>55010473

Be careful with these from 3rd-party sellers on Amazon.

Some chink sold me one, and it was a counterfeit that was only like 2 GB in size, but the device reported 32 GB of space. Random read and write failures everywhere past the 2GB boundary.

Based Amazon did refund me though, which was very nice of them, if not unnecessary since it was a 3rd-party seller.

Speaking of this shit... where can I get a >=32 GB SDcard that comes with a micro-to-mini adapter?
>>
>saving your shit on someone else's computer

Just set up an Owncloud server ya dingus.
>>
File: owncloud.png (46 KB, 629x312) Image search: [Google]
owncloud.png
46 KB, 629x312
>>
>>55015473
>>55015524
Maybe I read wrong, but doesn't this mean that if my local server is offline I can't access my files anymore?
>>
>>55010417
>August I'll be losing most of my Onedrive space
Did they dire you or something?
>>
>>55015649
M$ is no longer offering free space to their users (except 5GB). Dick move if I may say so myself.
>>
>>55015621
are you suspecting some kind of apocalyptic shit?
configure a server at home with owncloud or rent some space
>>
File: rage_what_the_fuck002.jpg (69 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
rage_what_the_fuck002.jpg
69 KB, 400x800
>>55015666
>We want to inform you about some upcoming changes to OneDrive that will affect you. In approximately 90 days, the amount of storage that comes with OneDrive will change from 15 GB to 5 GB. We are also discontinuing the 15 GB camera roll bonus. As a result of these changes, you will be over your OneDrive storage limit on June 16, 2016 (visit the Storage page to check your account). You can learn more at our FAQ.

>To bring your account within the new limits, you can purchase additional storage,* or choose to remove some files.

>We realize these are big changes to a service you rely on. We want to apologize for any frustration they may cause you. We made a difficult decision, but it’s one that will let us sustainably operate OneDrive into the future.

>Thank you for using OneDrive.

– The OneDrive Team

WHAT WHY
I HAD MY GROOVE ACCOUNT SYNCED TO THAT THING FUCK
>>
Syncthing.
>>
build your own nas server/sftp/vpn/dns server. we'll all be needing one eventually.
>>
>>55015825
REALLY????
FUCKING MICROSHIT
UNDEPENDIBLE BASTARDS
GOOD THING I HAVE MOVED TO MEGA
>>
>>55015473

>Owncloud

Using Owncloud in a residential setting is retarded. Residential Internet connections are subject to downtime and aggressive upstream throttling, and having your "backup" in the same building as the original copy of the data is a bad practice.

Doing that basically eliminates the entire point of making a backup, and the entire point of a cloud service. Owncloud is meant to be hosted on an enterprise server, probably colocated. Even setting that aside, Owncloud's supporting apps are nowhere near as robust as, say, Google Drive (which, incidentally, is what I'd recommend).
>>
>>55019105
>nowhere near as robust as, say, Google Drive

True, I even got a gf using Google Drive.
>>
>>55010417
iCloud Drive IF you have at least one Apple device. If not, probably Google Drive.
>inb4 muh botnet
Literally all the other cloud storage providers look through your shit, too.
>>
>>55016761

It blows my mind that people trust Mega more than Google. People steer clear of Google, saying that "if the product is free, you are the product," but Mega gives away more for free than Google Drive does. Plus, depending on who you ask, Mega is run either by organized crime or by a Five Eyes nation's government.
>>
NAS is a good option. Yoh get as much space as you want and can set up complex syncjng rules for each folder if you like.
>>
>>55019185
The you are the product meme is a gross simplication for people who dont understand pricing structures. Mega still sells larger storage and people obviously pay for it because I've seen shared MEGA folders with loads of shows and importing just a few of them put me over the 50GB limit.

Mega still can't be trusted, not because its free, but because it was bought up by Chinese and its founder suggests you don't use it anymore.
>>
>>55019216

NAS is a good thing to have, but not a good substitute for cloud storage. Cloud storage is for accessing things in places other than your house. Your NAS is for hosting your Plex library and managing your torrents.

If it's something you're going to need to get at via a mobile device, throw it on cloud. I use mine for comics.
>>
>>55019268
You can access your NAS remotely, I have my phone camera set to automatically upload to my NAS at home.
>>
>>55019393

Sending things *to* your NAS is the easy part. It's reliably getting things back from there while outside your LAN.

Also, again, a backup in your house is not a backup. Off-site backup is best backup. Plus, every good cloud storage service offers automatic versioning.
>>
>>55019500
I already have automatic backups to cloud services for things I can store on there (not my plex library) and an extra drive for backup.

Ive never had trouble getting files remotely, but whatever works best for you.
>>
>>55019531

You never have trouble until you do. And you will, someday, at the worst possible time.

Google Drive, on the other hand, measures its annual downtime in minutes. *Minutes*.
>>
Has anybody heard of this? Sounds useful but I'm not sure if it'l work as well as I think.
https://www.cloudbuckit.com
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.