[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can us neets without degrees get a comfy tech job by self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1465474675467.jpg (107 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1465474675467.jpg
107 KB, 1280x960
How can us neets without degrees get a comfy tech job by self teaching?
Any suggestions? I do have a apprentice certificate in helpdesk support at least.
>>
>>55008265
Make smartphone apps or start a website with ads. Make youtube videos with ads.

Shit like that.

The job market is so saturated with college grads that just about any place has the luxury of requiring a degree now. Im just waiting for burger king to start requiring a PHD for employment.
>>
i'm just going to work in a grocery store because i have no other real skills. i forgot all the coding stuff i learned and have no idea about system administration or networking.
>>
>>55010948
At least it's something I guess.
>>
Where is his pancake?
>>
>>55011336

yeah i'm gonna apply to best buy and a bunch of fast food places as well. if only i had demonstrable skills.
>>
>>55011358
He's on a diet.
>>
>>55008265
You'll still need certificates if you want to get a JOB working for someone else, otherwise start your own business or start sucking dicks for $20
>>
>>55011437

Poor fat kitty. No syrup today, cat.
>>
>>55011487
how long do you generally have to suck their dick for? that seems like it could be pretty lucrative
>>
>>55011594
until they cum, dipshit

You don't pay for sex if you don't cum
>>
Build a portfolio. You just have to show you can contribute to a project if you don't want to create your own.

I landed a job as a developer over college grads because I had extensive contributions to two FOSS projects while college kids had only programmed for their own courses so had no real experience.
>>
>>55008484
You are a fucking idiot. Big companies are constantly seeking engineers. Every year they are going to universities to encourage students to intern.
>>
>TFW fell into a job in banking systems infrastructure
>TFW well paid job almost guaranteed till i die

feels good mayn
>>
>>55011871
Only good if you don't have to interact with anyone outside the back office.
>>
>>55008484
Kek maybe for ahit degrees like humanities or other liberal arts shit.

Graduates with technical knowledge would have much better prospect of getting a job (provided they have good grades and coming from decent school). Thry just have to understand that thy din't have to work in multinational tech companies. Hotels and retail stores are also looking for CS grads
>>
how do you neets get paid?
dont you have to be "actively seeking work" to get welfare?
how the fuck
do you actively seek work your whole life without actually getting a job?
can someone explain how this works
>>
>>55012652
>Lie to the welfare centre
>Send shitty resumes and cover letters filled with spelling errors etc
>Only apply for work you aren't qualified for
Pick any combination of the above
>>
>>55012669
i ask because as much as i hate to do it, it looks like i have to go neetmode for a period
i have a couple follow up questions if you don't mind
1. surely the welfare centre has things in place so you can't simply "lie" to them?
there's no way they wouldn't know that people would just take advantage of lying
2. what if you accidentally get accepted for a job?
is it game over?
>>
>>55012810
1. They are all horrible ineffecient pieces of shit, their employees consist of former NEETs and old cunts
2. Just fuck up the interview, not very hard if you are a disgusting neckbeard just be yourself. Throw in some memes while you are at it. It is very hard to be employable, just stay away from government jobs, they will snatch you up
>>
>>55012861
ok
i mean i could probably ask a lot of questions but the only other important one i can think of is how often do you need to apply?
>>
>>55008265
Step one.
>Set up online identity on work websites
>Set up your resume
>Do side projects in home automation /server programs
>Publish said works on blogs and on your Bio websites
>Send shit to companies you want to work in
>Expect awnser.
>>
>>55013073
I had to do it every two weeks but it depends
>>
>>55011950
>interacting with non-technical people
I get taken out for meals with Oracle about 4 or 5 times a year, besides that i only have to work with people like me.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.