[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree on how stupid this is, battery life is bad because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (309 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
309 KB, 2048x1536
Can we agree on how stupid this is, battery life is bad because there is no demand? Even though dozens of industries depend on battery life???
>>
Battery life isn't really an issue. Headphones last 4-5 hours on a single charge. Nobody uses them for longer than that continuously.

Its much like a gas tank in a car. 300-350 miles is the most convenient range for cars. There may be a few occasions where you would need to go over that range continuously, but it is rare and not worth hauling around a bunch of extra gas on a regular basis.
>>
>>55004833
You think the batteries in your bluetooth earphones are the same as the ones in your laptop?
>>
>>55004867
That is an acceptable response, saying that economics, however would fix one of the problems science has been facing for decades however is offensive is what I was concentrating on.
>>
>>55004885
Literally they are, laptops have a larger power drain headphones smaller. They last longer but are identical
>>
What's this about? Phones not having 3.5mm? I'd have to buy new hardware to plug into my kitchen Lepai if that happened.
>>
>>55004897
There is definitely more investment in battery technology lately, but he's wrong to assume the demand is coming from wireless headphone manufacturers.
>>
File: image.png (352 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
352 KB, 2048x1536
Here is the original tweet for context, it's equally stupid but now less of a /g/ context.
>>
>>55004915

He's not assuming that. 'The product' is the battery itself. Anything that is small and uses a battery -- or, to put more accurately, anything that needs a more spacious battery than it has, whatever size it may be -- constitutes increased demand.
>>
>>55004833
The difference is that battery technology has stagnated for literally the last 50 year

Still using the same lithium ion bullshit

Someone needs to invent something fast
>>
>>55004833

iPhone battery life is actually bredd gud compared to the typical Android flagship.
>>
>>55004867
Pretty sick answer.
>>
>>55004997

>1700mAh in a 800 dollar flagship

You're delusion.
>>
>>55004997

The iPhone has worse battery life, but much better mAh: life ratio. Android does the same thing with battery as it does with RAM: it compensates for incompetence and inefficiency with hilarious amounts of brute-force computing power. Not that there's anything wrong with that; just don't pretend it's anything other than what it is.
>>
>>55004997
Android flagships come out faster are more intensive hardware and screenwise that's why the batteries are worse. Both iPhones and. Androids are on average about 40% battery on the inside.
>>
>>55005028

>believing a company with a 95whr ultrabook can make a power efficient product

oh you poor, poor macfag
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.