[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the LG G5 /g/? http://valid.x86.fr/a/vw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
What do you think of the LG G5 /g/?
http://valid.x86.fr/a/vwrt69

>Removable battery
>MicroSD support up to 2TB
>USB type-c
>Dual rear Cameras 16 and 8MP

Bootloader unlocks with Fastboot oem unlock command, can flash TWRP with tot file 'upgrade.'

Currently am running with Xposed Framework. Hell, even gravitybox, which is only supposed to work on Nexus devices works perfectly on this thing.

What's there not to love?
>>
The removable battery/expansion gimmick seems pretty dumb.
>>
>>55003210
How so? I've got the cradle and extra batteries for this thing, it's easy enough to just pop in a new battery if you're running low and don't have a place to charge.
>>
>>55003174
>terrible, inconsistent build quality
>cheap paint job
>screen flexes and distorts under slight pressure
>battery clips appear weak

stick 'er in a case if you do spring for one, theres certainly plenty to love, but when every phone produces essentially identical performance and experiences across all market ranges, build quality matters.
>>
The commercial for it was weird
>>
>>55003210
Maybe you were around when phones had convenient battery packs so you didnt have to worry about them degrading so much? It doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>55003174
I think you should ask the spg. Dumb fuck.
>>
My LG G4 just died from a hardware fault LG refused to even so much as acknowledge for months, and then silently released a non-statement about it, refused to issue a recall, and leaves information about a warranty extension hidden so people can't figure out what is true and what isn't.

Fuck LG.
>>
>>55003825
I'll admit, the paint is pretty cheap, but the screen is sturdy as fuck, I don't see any distortion under a very forceful pressure. The battery clip is hard to push if you don't have finger nails, but it seems pretty solid to get it out. As far as build quality is concered, I think a semi modular design is better build quality than a unibody. I've got a pretty tough case on this thing, and they have a lot of case options, so you're not just stuck with a hunk of plastic.
>>
File: 95690695606546.png (39 KB, 345x308) Image search: [Google]
95690695606546.png
39 KB, 345x308
https://youtu.be/3srpgIII7AI
>>
>>55004140
This 2bh, the G4 is a great phone, but after the CS disaster following the masses of bootloops I would avoid.
>>
>>55004557
Everything he said negative about this device can be changed in every single way.
>>
Modules are an underdeveloped gimmick. Buy a second hand g3, there is literally no reason to upgrade any further unless you require 2 cameras on the back of your phone.
The robot ball looks sick as fuck though.
>>
>>55003174
I came from a note 4 and now using a v10. That I got a week before the g5 came out. Love it wholly but that g5 does look sexy as hell
>>
>>55004912
V10 is the better phone 2bh senpai
>>
>>55004140
Yeah fuck them. Mine died last month so I just got a nexus 6.
>>
>>55004976
I have serious grass is always greener syndrome when it comes to gadgets. Thanks for the reassurance though :^)
>>
>>55005027
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55004767
I got to try the robot ball, and while it's slower than you see in their ads, it's pretty damn neat.
>>
>>55004616
I just got G4. They acknowledged the issue and according to them, newly produced stuff don't have that issue. Mine was produced in 2016.

>>55004140
But honestly, this kind of stuff can happen with every jewmpony.
>>
>>55004140
>get the bootloop problem
>get it working again a few times but eventually doesn't stop bootlooping
>walk into T-Mobile the next morning
>they place the order for my replacement with no issues
>get it the next day in the mail

Replacement phone is a first model though. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Been good so far.

Not sure what phone I'll go for next. Don't really care for the curved shit that Samsung has and the G5 looks pretty lame. Kind of want to try Sony next but their screens are smaller than I'm used to.
>>
It's terrible.

The modules is nothing but gimmick.They tried to have a removable battery, but instead of a removable back they wanted "iphone build quality metal back"

But they failed. The battery is now smaller, due to the way it comes out there is now no extended batteries.

They failed with the build quality too. The outside is still plastic, the lip is big ugly and doesnt feel good in the seam. They didnt have the extended screen from v10 (which was great).

They should have gone with amoled as well. (inb4 BURN IN!!! - my g4 has bad burn in while my s3 which I had for 3 years never did even at the status bar.)
>>
>>55005141
Can I control it from my g4? Would be pretty fucked up if it's only for g5
>>
>>55005231
Camera grip is nothing but retarded, but the DAC might be something for audiophiles, still very niche.
>>
>>55005231
This
v10 and G4 with leather look way better than g5. The design of g5 is pretty shit. V10 is pretty amazing though.
>>
Is this better than the S6? Spec wise they both seem to have draw backs and I can't tell...
>>
>>55005329
s6 is pretty shitty.
but the s7 is much better than this.
>>
>>55005361
>much better
How is it much better? All Samshit did was put a faster processor. At least LG tried to innovate.
>>
>>55005361
>touchwizz
>>
>>55005380
much better build
much better screen
better battery
better software
>>
>>55005415
>better battery
Non-removable
>better software
LG's version is much much better than touchjizz
>much better screen
only noticable when they are next to each other.
>>
>>55005361
Well I was planning on getting this or the s6 because the 16 MP, and 12 MP sounds like a big down-grade. But the S6 feels like shit to hold so I think I'll get the S7 for now.
>>
>>55003174
>USB Type-C
dropped
>>
>>55005519
The future is unavoidable.
>>
>>55005472
>only noticable when they are next to each other.
MP doesnt matter much, the images are too noisy to use near the full res.
>>
The V10 is superior
>>
File: nexus2cee_DSC01974[1].jpg (322 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_DSC01974[1].jpg
322 KB, 3000x2000
>>55003174
This phone is trash. I originally upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a G4 and it was okay. I contemplated going to a G5 but it's a smarter move to just wait for the next Nexus phone.

Again, the G5 is trash. Pic related.
>>
>>55005162
Nope, I also had one in February, bootaloopad 1 month later. It's gonna happen, just a matter of time!
>>
>>55006339
welp, hopefully it will happen before my warranty expires.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.