[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about buying case fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Three years ago installed 2 YATE LOON D12SM-12 fans in my case. (after lubricating their sleeve bearings with machine oil)

I've found them to be satisfactory in noise level and cooling performance.

They were so inexpensive that I was able to buy 3, eat the loss on 1 being defective with no warranty, and still come out ahead compared to just buying two more expensive fans of similar performance.

Now, after 3 years, they are wearing out and I need to replace them.

I've been looking around to see if anything has come out on the market since the last 3 years that offers the same performance, for less money, and a longer service life.

so far I have not found anything.

As I said before they we're quiet enough, and cooled well enough that, for my purposes, paying more for fans that are quieter and/or move more air would constitute a waste of money.

I can currently get them for $5.99 a pop (before shipping) at http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/yateloonfans.html

Do you have any recommendations for things of equal or greater performance at the same price?
>>
noctua meme fans, they are also a lovely poo in the loo brown to go with your poo in the loo AMD meme machine.
>>
Let me get this straight. You bought some fans for six dollars which lasted three years and performed well during that time, and you're asking us for something better? Two dollars a year is pretty good if you're satisfied with the quality and performance, dumb fuck.
>>
Just buy the same fans, you're not going to be happy if you get something else.
>>
>>54996265
>Let me get this straight. You bought some fans for six dollars which lasted three years and performed well during that time, and you're asking us for something better? Two dollars a year is pretty good if you're satisfied with the quality and performance, dumb fuck.

no i bought them for $3.35 a piece plus shipping for a total of $20 dollars 3 years ago.

I'm saying the lowest price for that same fans now (before shipping) is $6 a piece.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4mb6gzu60U
>>
>>54998167
It's called inflation numb nuts. Your wage has risen to compensate so it all equals out anyways. It's why 80 years ago a dollar a day was a great wage and now 100 dollars a day is barely getting by.
>>
>>55000837
>It's called inflation numb nuts. Your wage has risen to compensate so it all equals out anyways. It's why 80 years ago a dollar a day was a great wage and now 100 dollars a day is barely getting by.

I am aware what inflation is. Thats why I was updating the price.

My question is.

Are their now fans out there that offer the same performance as the Yate Loon D12SM-12 at a lower price or similar price and significantly longer service life?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.