[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
State of windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 376x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 376x270
I hate to make another thread on /g/ for this, but I think this requires discussion.

I mainly use OS X, have a Win7 desktop pc and a few linux distros on various smaller devices like rbpi's.

How come that with every iteration of windows, there are constantly posts and threads on how to disable a bunch of stuff that was added with every update/upgrade? For example, 7 has the annoying stickey keys and such, 8 has the metro crap, that you have to install 3rd party software for to disable it and now windows 10 comes with adware and other things that are annoying.

I never had this problem with OS X versions, of course I felt like tinkering with a few settings, but I never felt like I had to fully disable parts of my OS since it feels annoying, or just violates your privacy. Neither for Linux, even though messing around with that is fun, it basically comes with every annoying thing turned off, since most distros are barebones, not necessarily a bad thing.

Why do people put up with this Microsoft crap? Please explain it to me, because I don't get it.

Source that caused aggrevation: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/10-things-to-disable-in-windows-10/
>>
People are retarded
>>
>>54995682
> 7 has the annoying stickey keys
That was in XP too.
>>
>>54995755
I skipped XP, was using OS X 10.3 at that time.
>>
File: mac users.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mac users.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>54995682
>I mainly use OS X
>>
>>54996022
>literally shitposting
>>
File: 1452182189684.jpg (147 KB, 1083x720) Image search: [Google]
1452182189684.jpg
147 KB, 1083x720
>>54997572
>>literally shiteating
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.