[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the biggest amount of lines you've compiled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1459581215924.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459581215924.png
11 KB, 420x420
What's the biggest amount of lines you've compiled on your first try without any typos or missing commas or anything?

>120 line C program with no warnings
>>
200 something

I was on 30mg of adderall tho, kinda cheating
>>
>>54988587
Can you explain to me why people take adderal over just caffeine? It's way less of a hassle and less of a waste unless you've literally been up like 30 hours
>>
What a frog poster
>>
A few dozen lines maybe. But generally I try and write code such that I can compile and inspect the output/results very frequently. It's difficult for me to imagine feeling comfortable writing more than 50 or so lines of code without at least confirming there's no syntax errors. Sometimes I have no choice but to write a bunch of code without compiling/testing and it always makes me super anxious.
>>
File: 1461122556896.png (83 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461122556896.png
83 KB, 420x420
>>54988492
Easter?
>>54988802
It's a toad
>>
>>54988732
Wow yes because it's not like you would die from taking the same amount of caffeine to induce Adderall like effects
>>
>>54988732
I took Adderal twice and it felt like cheating.
>>
>>54988915
get a better heart retard
>>
>>54988732
If you say that, you havent really tried adderall
>>
>>54989316
I used to have a prescription to it
>>
>>54988900
This. I feel like I compile every little thing, I need to see how things are going.
>>
>>54988900
When you get more experienced with a language, you learn to trust your abilities in it.

Looking at code you can tell if it will work or not.
Often times its only typos, and those are caught by my IDE
>>
>>54989356
I can happily write 1000 lines of JavaScript without fucking things up, maybe more but it's still good practice to test often if only to keep the scope of the code you need to debug to a minimum. If you write 5 functions and make a typo that doesn't trigger any warning it's a fucking pain to search through all that code. Just had it myself last night with a Java program. I wrote 6 classes without compiling and had put a plus where I should have put a minus. Took twice as long to find the bug as it did to write the code. So I thinkeven if you can you probably shouldn't.
>>
60 or 70 lines in a Fortran 77 program
>>
I always compile after every character just in case. sorry if you have a shit pc that is too slow to do that
>>
>>54990363
>computers are shit
>not shitcoders
I want this meme to stop now.
>>
>>54988900
>his language doesn't have an interactive shell
shiggy
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.