[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't use a custom rom on his phone Why? Stock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1281384885131.jpg (46 KB, 498x373) Image search: [Google]
1281384885131.jpg
46 KB, 498x373
>he doesn't use a custom rom on his phone

Why? Stock android is still playing catchup after all this time, adding features in N that have been around for ages.
>>
battery life
>>
>>54987465
Cause I'm not that big of a faggot I gotta fuck with shit that already works on my phone.
>>
>>54987465
>adding features in N that have been around for ages.
Like? I will never buy anything other than a nexus phone ever again, custom skins are now irrelevant
>>
>>54987556
>doesn't like tinkering with his tech
Oh, you're a big faggot alright.
>>
Custom Roms no longer seem to have any feature good enough to be worth installing. Xposed gives you more options and features.

Also it takes too long for custom Roms to make the jump to a new Android version. If you're on a nexus (and a lot of custom roms are almost exclusively for nexus devices now) you can update to the new Android OS now, or wait 8 months for custom roms to start offering builds of it that have less features than their last version.
>>
>>54987465
Because I bought a dual-sim model like a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>54987700
Oh but my phone's a dual sim card as well and the custom rom installed just fine
>>
Haven't tried any but I read it kills camera image quality.
>>
>GNU can run on fucking any desktop/server ever
>OMG WE CANT MAKE A NEW OR CUSTOM VERSION OF ANDROID RUN ON THIS PHONE/TABLET BECAUSE REASONS
Fuck mobile devices up the goddamn asshole.
>>
Not phone, but my tablet's bootloader is locked down.
I just have to do with F-Droid. A shame, because I actually really liked CM13 on my phone, but tablet by its very nature is easier to work with than a phone.
>>
File: received_485275508339546.jpg (37 KB, 637x586) Image search: [Google]
received_485275508339546.jpg
37 KB, 637x586
The new Paranoid Android on my Oneplus 2 is running godlike~

Would recommend
>>
>>54987465
why would you want to remove spyware installed by the carrier? they are only looking out for your own good.
>>
OK
Find me a root method and a correct custom ROM for my Chinese phone

Logicom L-ITE 452
>>
My android rom came with a funky moustache. Is this only for the french versions?
>>
>>54989427
Photo sinon fake
>>
I used to screw around with custom ROMs back in high school since I didn't need that phone that much and didn't have to worry about backups. Nowadays I just can't be bothered, my phone runs a near-clean version of Android anyway.
>>
>>54989307
How does it compare to CM13?
>>
>>54987700
>>54988139
This, my S5 dual sim runs CM just fine.
CM is the only ROM I could get working on this. My S4 ran PA and I preferred that
>>
>>54989562
Its the first build, there's a few easy to fix bugs. But overall great battery life, really stable and smooth as fuck
>>
BB10OS has no custom ROMs.
>>
>>54988185
This pisses me off quite badly as well.
>>
i still have warranty on my phone.
>>
File: 1461960229451.png (34 KB, 658x662) Image search: [Google]
1461960229451.png
34 KB, 658x662
>owning a phone so shitty you have to use custom pajeet roms to make it usable
>>
Debloated stock moto g masterrace
>>
>>54990204
It's obviously bait, but it was actually kinda the reason I customised mine.
Well, it wasn't really "bad" in pure capabilities. More like, really old and with so little internal memory you couldn't install much on it without running out.
Upgrading to fork of CM specifically for my phone solved all the problems (internal memory by moving the data directory to SD card) and made it smooth as fuck. Honestly, if it didn't work so good with this rom, I never would've believed the phone wasn't shit.
>inb4 why did you not just upgrade phones
I don't care about it much. As far as I'm concerned the primary use of phones is to call people. Getting it smooth was more so it discharged slower and the maps app opened faster.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.