[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why use this when PostgreSQL exists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: jT-HJYJg.png (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jT-HJYJg.png
12 KB, 400x400
Why use this when PostgreSQL exists?
>>
>>54980886
I'm just going to uninformedly speculate that it's used in situations where people are already using a software suite from Oracle. If you're using an Oracle stack, it only makes sense to use the Oracle DB.
>>
>>54980912
What does an Oracle stack include?
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28 KB, 601x508
>he doesn't use Enterprise Grade Software

How else are you going to promote synergies with the stakeholders in your organisation?
>>
File: 1449337969604.jpg (43 KB, 688x456) Image search: [Google]
1449337969604.jpg
43 KB, 688x456
>>54980925
>>
>>54980924
Take a look at: http://www.oracle.com/index.html

I dare you to go to the Productions/Solutions dropdown menu, and read the descriptions for some of them. They will melt the shit out of your brain if you try to understand what any of them actually *do* or how they work.

My pleb mind is nowhere near managerial or businessfaggy enough to make any sense to me.
>>
>>54980924
postgresql
>>
>>54980886
Why use database when you case fputs() to a file then qsort() then homemade search function()?
you need 1 tiny C program and 1 file.
AMIRITE /g/?
>>
Im struggling with both in the same project.
Anything related with postgres goes well.
Anyt task related to Oracle is pain in the ass. But to be fair it corelates to the older parts of an application.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.