[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck open-source android desktop is not a big thing yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1441162479306.jpg (71 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
1441162479306.jpg
71 KB, 550x440
Why the fuck open-source android desktop is not a big thing yet?
>>
>>54978762
Face it - open source, open standard, free to use or whatever you call it will never work just like communism. Its utopia and it will stay like that.
>>
Like remix?
>>
>>54978788
What a retarded argument
>>
>>54978762
Why the fuck would anyone use Java-OS on their desktop?
>>
>>54978788
Well, I kinda agree. But then, why a proprietary android desktop is not a thing. There is this remix os and that's it.
>>
>>54978792
>Like remix?
Remix is not open-source. But yeah, like remix.
>>
>>54978762
I don't know, but I want to wrtite old school c64 demos on my luggable, beside the pool with my smoking hot wife.
>>
>>54978800
>What a retarded argument
I could say the same, you have nothing to prove I am wrong. Look at the market, look at the real world, you will see that I am right.
>>
Because it's fucking shit. Winblows 7 can do more things with 1GB of RAM than what shitdroid can do with 4GB of RAM.
>>
File: 1389632055513.jpg (108 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1389632055513.jpg
108 KB, 429x410
>>54978762
>android
>desktop
>>
>>54978818
Even though I wouldn't like to agree, I must agree. Look at GNU/Linux. Hundreds of distros, some of them even have amazing ideas but in general... just a fart.
>>
>>54978788
>open source will never work
THIS. It's not as if the most popular systems for servers and mobile were based on free software or anything.
>>
>>54978815
most of android is not open source.
Google only uses free software as bait.
It is pretty genius really.
>>
>>54978818
>Look at the market, look at the real world
Have you tried yourself?
>>
>>54978851
>were based on
That is really important thing to consider

Its nothing more than just one way bridge. Open source can not into proprietary, but proprietary can into open source.
>>
>>54978868
>B-but my microwave uses open source software

And yet it is not free, it is only used to reduce costs, your ideology is raped for profit.
>>
>>54978906
You are misunderstanding the relationship between these projects and companies. The developpers contributing to the kernel, Wayland, etc. are employees of Intel, Samsung, Red Hat, etc. paid to do it.
>>
>>54978906
People are ideologically involved in the software they use? Surely there are other more substantial reasons to avoid Windows.
>>
>>54978906
You are seriously misunderstanding the relationship between these projects and companies. The developpers contributing to the kernel, Wayland, etc. are employees of Intel, Samsung, Red Hat, etc. paid to do it.
>>
>>54978906
You are seriously misunderstanding the relationship between these projects and companies. The developpers contributing to the kernel, Wayland, etc. are employees of Intel, Samsung, Red Hat, etc. paid to do it.
>>
>>54978788
Said the man who's gubberment owes 14 trillion to China.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.