[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What credentials do you need to get a job as a software developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 3TbcEtB.jpg (495 KB, 1322x1210) Image search: [Google]
3TbcEtB.jpg
495 KB, 1322x1210
What credentials do you need to get a job as a software developer nowadays?
>>
university diploma
5 years of work experience
indian citizenship
>>
File: 1465394692164.webm (78 KB, 1322x1210) Image search: [Google]
1465394692164.webm
78 KB, 1322x1210
>>
>>54976673

why?
>>
Either a college degree or actually being good at software development.
>>
>>54976717
a college degree is worthless unless you are good at software development. the easiest way into a job is by being well connected.
>>
>>54976624
Work experience. You can do your own projects if you can lead them to success and they are complex enough. App development : a detailed, well designed network monitoring app will be enough, a flashlight will not be enough if successful.
>>
-college/university degree
-cured aids and cancer
-be at least 3 types of minorities and have more than 1 gender
>>
Degree in computer or related, just remember java you don't even to know programming. I've seen some stupid people get hired by companies who are shit at programming but good at remembering key stuffs and shit
>>
>>54976698
Why the fuck not? Here, try it yourself.

PNG:
for %%f IN (*.png) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.png" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

JPG:
for %%f IN (*.jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.jpg" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)
>>
>>54977152
>full blown autism
take your pills, jake
>>
>>54977168
Not him but this is kinda cool. Did you see the file size of that webm, holy shit lmao.
>>
>>54977196
did you noticed the astonishing image quality loss over the __jpg__ version? holy shit lmao.
>>
>>54977431
Both look the same to me
>>
>>54976624

Everyone is about diversifying in technology the workplace. The only thing you need is a vagina or black colored skin.

Bonus points for both.
>>
>>54977464
>cant notice the lack of detail on the wall on the right
either (You) are that faggot that makes those webms and are in denial or you need a pair of glasses

>its possible to make a jpg with same lack of details and just as small, no webm container needed
>>
>>54977604
>its possible to make a jpg with same lack of details and just as small, no webm container needed
No it's not why do you think people keep shitpostong those photo webms? Compress a JPG to their size and you will shit your pants.
>>
>>54976624
You have to be a software developer to become a software developer. It's called a catch-22.
>>
>>54977152
>-threads 4
Nigga you're processing N input.
>>
>>54976790
stfu
>>
>>54977678

This. I get recruiter emails all the time for more dev jobs. It starts with an internship mate and good luck getting one without any schooling.
>>
>>54976624
>What credentials do you need

You need ONE of the following:
>a university degree + solid portfolio
>3+ years of experience
>a FOSS project with an active community
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.