[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to switch to Android Right now, how I see it, iOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (175 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
175 KB, 315x315
Convince me to switch to Android

Right now, how I see it, iOS has:
inbuilt flux (there are versions on Android that *might* work with some rootable phones, or might kill an AMOLED screen)
imessage, though I wouldn't mind losing it it's convenient
far better app support - I've tried snapchat and many games/apps on android and they often don't compare, even google's apps tend to be better on iOS
still the best fingerprint sensor on a phone
comparable camera to most flagships
better update support than any Android except a Nexus (even then they get officially supported for longer)

android has:
wide range of devices to choose from
potentially better battery than an iPhone
usually much better screens - the iPhone screen is just okay for me, not impressive at all, particularly brightness when it's sunny
direct file access - iTunes is garbage
usually cheaper phones
far better customisation
Google Now which blows Siri out of the water especially with automated stuff like package tracking, flight tracking, etc
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
iOS is for it you want it to just week. It's simple to use and aesthetic (IMO).
Android is for power users who want more freedom. You can get custom launchers and do a lot of things you'd need to jailbreak on an iPhone to achieve
>>
File: threadshot_1461008853048.png (152 KB, 1080x958) Image search: [Google]
threadshot_1461008853048.png
152 KB, 1080x958
>>
>>54976396
Either way it looks like you've already given good reasons to stay/jump ship
>>
File: WebP_Test_mini.png (2 MB, 1011x3032) Image search: [Google]
WebP_Test_mini.png
2 MB, 1011x3032
iOS does not support Webp images
>>
>>54976057
I don't give a shit what you use
>>
>>54976406
price isn't an issue at least for me, particularly when you can resell for far more than you could with an android
microsd isn't important to me or torrenting as I use spotify for music and just torrent and use Plex when I need to
I mentioned screen
Camera is slightly worse than S7, otherwise comparable or better
battery is decent, particularly standby
OS is subjective
I miss having a file browser, flash drive, not having to use itunes - mentioned this
no need for sharing files over wifi or bluetooth (is this 2004? does someone need your shitty quality ringtone?)
swipe navigation replaces back button, though top corners are annoying to reach one handed
multi tasking is decent with 2GB RAM, though could be better
apps generally have better support on iOS
much more secure than Android, at least out of the box. lots of people disable encryption on android due to lag

>>54976408
Yeah, both are good choices. Hard to go wrong, but I would like the extended lifespan a removable battery gives. Shame not many flagships offer it; if the V10 had a smaller version I'd probably get it.

>>54976426
Never heard of them, if they gain any traction iOS will support them

>>54976454
just here for tech discussion buddy
>>
File: 1455754965688.png (236 KB, 966x390) Image search: [Google]
1455754965688.png
236 KB, 966x390
>>54976517
>iPhones
>security
pick one. I personally know how to access the backdoor on the iPhone 6s btw, which is still there despite the 9.3 update.
>>
You can save snapchats. File explorer too.
>>
>>54976551
Still about equivalent to Android out of the box, right?

Looking at the LG G5 it's actually kind of tempting. Androids I tried before always had noticeable poor audio quality and I can upgrade that on this, I also like the back fingerprint scanner

I don't think there's one best platform I'm just trying to understand the best parts of Android.
>>
>>54976734
>Still about equivalent to Android out of the box, right?
Nope. While there are security vulnerabilities in Android they are extremely hard to find and usually get patched by an OTA update. I've only found a handful and that's on jelly bean devices and older.

Main problem is android is open source so hiding a backdoor is extremely difficult.

>I don't think there's one best platform I'm just trying to understand the best parts of Android.
It basically boils down to how much freedom you want in a phone and what your budget is. For the $700 you will spend on a 16GB iPhone 6s you can buy 2 64GB Zenfone 2 Android phones + 2 UHS-I 128GB microsd cards (192GB total storage) and cases for both phones.

With the iPhone you spend more and get less for the luxury of having a popular logo on the back of your phone. With Android phones you get to spend less and get more.

I'm not pushing for either, I actually own an iPhone 6s and a Note 4. Mostly own the iPhone 6s to test exploits and backdoors I find/hear about.
>>
>>54976551
Sure you do buddy. Guess the FBI should have gone to you instead, huh?
>>
>>54976057
But why?
>>
>>54976924
I'm not the only one that knows and all I do is help others find the backdoors/exploits, I'm not a one man army.

Also I would never help the feds, it's in our best interest that the knowledge to these backdoors never leave our group. What point is knowing security exploits if the half retarded code moneys at apple will patch them?

If we tell the feds they will get us in trouble and/or tell apple about it. Fuck you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.