[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible for a manufacturer to get the silicon mixed up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: asdfa.png (24 KB, 853x703) Image search: [Google]
asdfa.png
24 KB, 853x703
is it possible for a manufacturer to get the silicon mixed up but still have the chip identify it as what it was supposed to be?
>>
>>54959726
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
>>
You won the silicon lottery.
>>
>>54959815
I thought that only mattered when it came to overclockability and that all chips should perform the same at the same speed regardless of the silicon lottery
>>
>>54960220
Same clock speed yes but your CPU supports turbo boost so it can automatically overclock itself if there's room under the TDP. Your CPU might have a lot of room.
>>
>>54960220
AMD made phenom chips which were often simply functional X4's and X3's and soft disabled to function as cheaper CPU's (as they sold better).
This may be a case of a higher class chip that was not fused off properly (comparable xeon, perhaps)
>>
>>54960274
Stock cooler with the included paste in a fairly warm room. Temps are fine but not stellar.

>>54960292

huh.
>>
Speakimg of which my dvd ripping software is only usimg 3 cores instead of 8 apparently, even though i have 8 selected (winx)
>>
>>54960524
check the affinity of the process
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.