[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you use for getting track of what you've done and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1456822960346.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
1456822960346.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
what do you use for getting track of what you've done and what you still need to do?

>shitty startup I interned in :
they paid for proprietary tools from other shitty startups like weekdone or premium access to some todo list apps
meme methods taken from meme books about entrepreneurship

>another company
email, email, email and email.
[fwd] [re] [fwd] [fwd] [tr] [IMPORANT] weekly report.

>myself
git log my previous commit
sticky notes on my monitor

What are fellow /g/ poster using?
>>
>>54957500
notepad tbhfamalam
>>
nothing
I have nothing to do
>>
Are you talking about self organization or collaborative tools?
->for my personal organization I do like humans do since the dawn of time : lists
->For collaborative works, I struggle because we have think we are the most clever people on hearth we prefere to talk about how things should be done instead of actually doing it.
>>
Emacs org-mode
Trello website
>>
>>54957500
I use a personal kanban
>>
>implying I've got anything to do
>>
>>54957500

I like the "Getting tihngs done" approach.

You need a few days of discipline to really get it going, but then it makes life easier..

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done

>http://ais.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/teaching/ws10/praktikum/gtd-basics.pdf

>http://gettingthingsdone.com/pdfs/gtd_workflow_advanced.pdf
>>
http://todotxt.com/

Simple CLI todolist that saves your tasks to a plaintext file w/ prioritization (A to Z, color-coded) and categorization
>>
>>54959936
only for apple devices...
>>
>>54960741
Are you retarded? There's a huge Android phone front and center on the page and it says that it's available on the play store. Also todotxt is a guideline for using any text editor to to-do list. You don't really need an app for it.
>>
>>54961585
Oh, yeah.
>tfw retarded.
>>
What is so important that you have to keep track of it every fucking day.
>>
>>54960741
Wat? I use it on desktop

>>54961585
It's not just a guideline, it's a command-line interface that edits the text file for you. e.g. "t add go get milk" will append "go get milk" to the text file. "t ls" will list every task in the file, color-coding the ones that have been assigned a priority level, etc etc. I never manually edit the text file.
>>
>>54961924
At least, that's how I use it. I don't know what the mobile apps are like.
>>
Where I work we use Slack+Basecamp and it's working pretty well.
>>
Scrum via a big fuck off white board. I take pictures of said whiteboard with me so I can't take it around on my phone.

Works for me and is simple.
>>
>>54962004
Isn't scrum a ruby-startup entrepreneur meme?
>>
Based
todocli
>>
>>54959462
>for my personal organization I do like humans do since the dawn of time : lists
I do exactly the same and sometimes I feel like dinosaur seeing people using special apps on their smartphones, notification software, some bullshit organisers...
I just like a damn pen and paper, i can add, modify, delete, check my delete history and draw dicks whenever i want!

In my code monkey office I sit with 8 people. And I'm literally the only one with a notepad and a pencil constantly on their desk. I don't know how they note their stuff.
>>
>>54962895
on my desk*
>>
>>54959196
this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.