[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Executive VS Task chair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1451559261513.jpg (49 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
1451559261513.jpg
49 KB, 425x640
Executive chairs - why are they ignored over task chairs?

We discuss proper chairs for being the sedentary shits we are with good reason here on /g/, and overwhelmingly an aeron or leap is what we push, mind that most of the internet does anyway.

But task chairs are not for the task. You are meant to use them a COUPLE to a FEW hours at a time.

Imagine the comfort you would have in these chairs that resemble the chairs of airport towermen or truckers, designed truly so that the worker can be sedentary. You're chinese cartoons were never so comfy.
>>
How effective are those 24 hour chairs? Namely the OFM 247. My biggest gripe is the cushion flattening, my current chair feels like sitting on a wooden bench
>>54953584
It's because they could easily cost more than an average PC build
>>
>>54953742
Please, the aeron alone is 1K

Leap is 600

http://www.amazon.com/VIVA-Ergonomic-Adjustable-Headrest-Viva1168F1/dp/B00VL73JLI?ie=UTF8&keywords=executive%20chair&qid=1465277498&ref_=sr_1_18&sr=8-18

How does this look though?
>>
>>54953793
I never said I own an Aeron or a Leap, in fact look at the /bst/ and you'll notice most people don't
>>
what chair do you recommend for people who don't want to spend 500+ dollars on a chair?
>>
>>54953793
leap is 600? where u getting is Madison seating?
>>
>>54953584
is dx racer just a meme? i am seriously considering buying it

i know that all gamers are sellouts for it, but i don't know if it's actually a good chair for the price
>>
>>54954211
I don't know anymore if you want a highback/headrest chair then you need executive and it ends up being 2000 dollars so fuck it I'm going to just buy this stupid racer chair.
>>
Buy a regular chair--four legs, upholstered, wood--and just get up every few hours.
>>
>>54954217
>$2,000
>for a chair
dayuuum
>>
>>54954266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7CV3jSpsAQ

dayum
>>
>>54953584
Just buy a moderately wide one with a flattish seat and sit cross legged. It's way more comfy than hurting your butt on some narrow homo chair.
>>
Exec seats are for people who don't spend all day sitting behind a desk. Most execs don't do that. They just like something comfy and flashy looking. A 'working' chair for long periods requires proper ergonomics.
>>
>>54954140
any anon have experience with Madison seating? im thinking of buying a leap from there
>>
>>54954335
I got my leap for 200 from craigs
>>
>>54954217
Imagine the comfort of a chair designed by butt engineers to comfortably park your ass in for multiple hours at a time, but with literal junk-yard prices. It's called a car seat, stupid. Get a Volvo, or some luxury car seat from a junkyard, don't get a fucking DX Racer pretend car seat. Real ones at full retail price are half that expensive and far more comfy. Depending on how clever/scared of housefires you are, you could even wire up the seat heating that luxury cars can option in. Even a professional-grade racing car seat isn't that fucking expensive if you are really just trying to be a race-car poser and not focusing on comfort.

The bolt holes on a car seat aren't going to line up to a chair base, so drill some holes and bolt that to a plate of metal, drill 4 more holes and bolt that plate to a base of a reasonably sturdy and large gas lift chair that you found giveaway on craigslist, garage sale or the side of a road. Done- a couple of $100 at most, with the majority of the work being the junkyard search.

I was going to buy an Aeron literally tomorrow after work, but now I am thinking maybe I should check out some smashed up cars on the weekend instead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.