[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING CUNTS.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: No-Comcast-NBC1.jpg (35 KB, 732x742) Image search: [Google]
No-Comcast-NBC1.jpg
35 KB, 732x742
FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING CUNTS.
>>
>>54946606
What did they do now?
>>
>>54946606
It's a Free Market, bro. Just change carrier, bro :^)
>>
>they almost bought out time warner
>tfw government told them to fuck off

that was a close one, bros
>>
>>54946606
Just live off a mobile internet connection, that's what I did. I regularly use 100-200GB of data with boost mobile + 8GB hotspot for $55 a month. Speeds aren't super fast (4-6mbps) but sure beats having to pay over $100 for internet + phone.
>>
>>54946606

how does contractors matter to your fucking service?

also what possible complaints could anyone have?

you get a modem and move on, if you're using their router too you're an idiot

get a DDWRT router and fix your issues
>>
>>54946703
>how does contractors matter to your fucking service?
service delivery quality from one to the other varies wildly

>also what possible complaints could anyone have?
shit customer service, shit prices, shit service reliability, bandwidth caps for money grubbing, peering deals for money grubbing, the list goes on and fucking on
>>
>>54946804

you realize if you purchase the business class you dont have any caps right?

also whats the max download you have in your location and what do you currently pay for
>>
>>54946804
Tfw my servers on Comcast isp at my Denver house & I've had 5 mins of down time in the past 8 years
>>
>>54946866
I moved out of Comcast territory in 2012. I checked the last location I was at and the max internet is 150mbps with starter TV for $80/mo. So you either get good internet with very minimal TV for $80/mo (two year contract required plus equipment rental plus fees, which easily pushes it over $100) or shit internet with better TV.

In contrast, I pay $55/mo for uncapped 101mbps/35mbps (overprovisioned by 10%) internet in New York. I have TV and such too which gives some discounts. Even without TV, my bill would then be $70/mo - no modem rental fee, no overage fees, no other bullshit fees, they don't do bullshit with peering to force interconnects, the picture quality is great and so is the service quality.

When I had Comcast I had very unreliable and swore them off in 2011, switching to FiOS (until I moved outside of Comcast territory in 2014) and never looked back.

Other people who still have it give me similar reports, however.
>>
>>54946870
Comcast service quality varies greatly by area. Ironically, they are based in Philadelphia, but it is one of their worst service areas in terms of quality, and FiOS is available throughout much of the suburbs north of Philly.

Comcast is the result of a series of mergers & acquisitions with different technology in different areas. In some areas the actual backend is better, but then you still have issues of corporate policy (peering, CS, prices, etc.)
>>
>verizon fios
>$80 tv/internet
>50 up 50 down
>fiber
>>
>>54947136

i had verizon in florida prior to their buyout and prior to moving for the last 5 years

was paying 105 dollars a month for 75/75, the next tier was $150

the upload was NEVER stable at more than 30mbps

now im in CHARTER (spectrum) territory and pay only 39 dollars for 60 down and have seen zero issues while streaming

and you couldnt pay me to go back to Frontier now, i heard how shit their FIOS areas that were bought out almost 6 years ago like in Seattle have been but thought it was just outliers, but after seeing the shitstorm back in April when LA, Dallas and Tampa/Sarasota (and their surrounding aeras) switched from VZ and is still having issues (also their shitty Philippians CS) im glad im done

also the whole FTTH meme can go fuck itself, im never going back to not having access to reset my IP lease manually at my physical location again unless its for proper gigabit internet, which theres already a service in my area called PocketINet doing so, but for just fucking sub-to-low 3 digit Fiber, fuck that

would take 30+ minutes on VZ CS to get the runaround "troubleshooting" bullshit before they finally used their tool to release a fucking IP if my router rebooted or i accidentally forgot to release the IP even tho the MAC address stayed the same
>>
>>54946606
>murica

>>54946655
>telemarketers
>>
>>54947548
I've got verizon in north NJ so the prices are low because it is so competitive
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.