[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Terminator series just propaganda for dumb normies who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: lfuakgdwiz8wgwtqwi8m.jpg (117 KB, 1600x678) Image search: [Google]
lfuakgdwiz8wgwtqwi8m.jpg
117 KB, 1600x678
Is the Terminator series just propaganda for dumb normies who don't understand computers?
>>
>>54945491
like you?

yes
>>
>>54945500
damn you really got me man
>>
>>54945491
See comic for explanation.
>>
No it's a reality we will have to face one day.

Robots are advancing and so is AI. By ~2050 the tech singularity will happen and AIs will gain conscious before that most likely.

Problem is a war between man and machine is almost impossible to avoid.
>>
>>54945524
>computers making value judgements
How about no.
>>
>>54945491

Eh, I'm betting that once AI becomes smart enough to improve itself and advance science by itself, it'll keep humans around as living history, much like in the Culture novels.
>>
>>54945550
They will once they develop a conscience, more specifically we develop one for them.

They don't even need human level intelligence/brain processing power to become sentient. That being said the first conscious AIs will naturally be pretty stupid and slow.
>>
>>54945491
Human intelligence is just what evolution has ended up with for maximizing species survival. Machines have no need for it. So machines will never be like humans. They will be intelligent in their own ways and humans will be pointless for them. A sentient machine will be a god.
>>
>>54945491
It's a fucking sci-fi action movie, retard.
>>
>>54945524
What would the war be started over?
>>
>>54945601
And it probably reduced funding for AI research. Bravo Cameron
>>
What if the robot in Ex Machina didn't actually want to be free, but was just acting like it did because it's programmed to act human and a human would want to be free?
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>54945605
Why would there be a war? AI will replace humans slowly until there is a billion robot for every human because there will be no need for humans to do any work. Eventually human population will be zero simply from thermal dynamics.
>>
>>54945605
Resources. Humans use resources and so do robots.
>>
>>54945691
I doubt it. Humans didn't cause every other animal to go extinct when we spread. I imagine we'll just evolve into different niches, for example with robots as a labor class and humans as a leisure class. At the very least there will be human reservations to live on.

>>54945730
Why would robots need increasing amounts of resources if they don't have the drive to reproduce?
>>
>>54945750
They'll want kids when they become sentient.

Nigga were talking about machines with human emotions and free will not roombo cleaning floors for all of eternity.
>>
>>54945792
>They'll want kids when they become sentient.
>
>Nigga were talking about machines with human emotions and free will
You don't know anything about AI. I guess this is what OP was talking about
>>
there was normies back it 1984 ?
>>
>>54946213
This.

Normalfags exist since 2000.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.