[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i think my GPU just died, atleast partially 7870 that i've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1334744037041.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1334744037041.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
so i think my GPU just died, atleast partially
7870 that i've had for 4 years now
today i was just browsing the internet and the screen turned in to grey squares and made that bsod sounds TRRRRRRRRRRTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR so i rebooted that shit and what do you know, bios shows artifacts and windows wont go past the login screen, it looks really fucked

at the moment i'm posting from safe-mode, it works atleast
do you think it's the GPU? i've been overclocking it for the past 4 years with my CPU while the idle temperatures werent that great... so yeah i think it's probably that but i don't have spares to test with
also switched the card in to another pci-e slot, didn't do nothing

picture related is my face while i'm getting drunk now and plugged my phone to my speakers, no sound in safe-mode
fuck this shit
>>
anyone?
>>
Well the new cards are coming out soon. Maybe just buy a $30 if you can and wait a month or two for the new cards. This is if you are sure it is the GPU though. Do you have integrated graphics?
>>
>>54944373
i'm going to have to wait a few days or a week to borrow my friend's card and test it
but i'm pretty sure i'm going to have to get a new one this month
would a R7 370 make for a good replacement? i've been out of the pc building game for a few years
not really looking for anything more substantially powerful than a 7870, still rocking a phenom II 975 too
budget is like 150-180 euros
>>
>>54944451
R7-370 is on par with 750ti and a 6970 so should work ok
>>
A new card called the RX 480 is coming in around a month. It should be around $200, not sure what that it is euros but it will apparently it will have around 390/980 levels of performance so you might want to wait for that.
>>
>>54944136

Remove the gpu, try running your computer without it
>>
>>54944554
I have a phenom ii x4 and the 480 is gonna be bottlenecked as fuck on that I had to oc my cpu to 3.9ghz to keep my 7950 from getting bottlenecked
>>
>>54944554
goddamnit, i don't think i can wait a month
but that sounds good, that's around 175 euros
and like >>54944591 said i have a phenom II x4 too and it's probably going to be VERY bottlenecked
AM3+ is suffering
>>
>>54944591
i had to OC my 975 to 3,9-4,0ghz to not bottleneck my 7870 (rips in pieces 2012-2016)
i know that feel
>>
>>54944677
Right that's why I brought it up I'd not go higher than an r7-370 unless you plan on getting a new cpu. I scored a 3570k and board for like $150 and it came with aio liquid cooler so you can get a CPU cheap that will not bottleneck the rx480 like I am doing
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.