[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me figure out how my gf got hacked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 2013-07-02-image-15.jpg (70 KB, 750x361) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-02-image-15.jpg
70 KB, 750x361
Hey everyone, I don't usually post on 4chan, but I know you guys are really tech-savvy so I wanted to see if you can help me.

My girlfriend used to have a reddit account (I know you don't like reddit but please just continue reading).

She posted some harmless stuff including pics of herself on some sub about make up or whatever.

Some guy started harassing her for no reason, started bombing all her posts and her inbox, he even made her cry. She is really innocent and has a good heart, she has never done anything bad and this guy started online bullying her pretty damn hard.

Either way, he somehow found out her real name. I don't know how, because she signed up using only a username and a password, not even her email.

He made an account using her real name and started posting stuff in her name, ridiculing her even further.

I contacted the admins and they deleted her real name account and banned me for 3 days (idk why), they did not punish this guy at all. Its ridiculous, that website is pure scum desu, the admins are shit and dont care if their users are infiltrated and harrassed.

How did he find out her name?! Could it be that he did a reverse image search? Is there any way he could have gotten more info about her? (email, address, etc). I think that guy is really psychotic and may try to harass us also in real life.

Maybe some of you know how he could have known her name...Thanks!
>>
>>54940558
not hacked
she dun got
social'd

exif data, maybe posted same pics elsewhere using her real name on an account etc etc

social engineering. it's not a concept it's a fact.
>>
File: 1459158635789.jpg (34 KB, 381x385) Image search: [Google]
1459158635789.jpg
34 KB, 381x385
>>
hacking her = finding her real name?
also kill yourself, sage.
>>
>>54940614
yeah sorry I honestly don't know much about this stuff, but I thought since he got hold of her real data maybe he somehow hacked her account or other accounts of hers...She doesn't have facebook, but she uses a picture of herself on LinkedIn. Could he have found that using only one (other) picture of herself she posted?

I mean, she was pretty anonymous on reddit, didnt even use her email and never said her real name.
>>
>>54940653
post pic she posted :-P
>>
>>54940558
>letting your gf use internet
a true cuck
>>
>>54940558
probably just used the same username on some other website, or posted the same pic elsewhere.
it's all about looking up everything you can and connecting the dots.

reverse image search and exif data
username lookup with sites like https://pipl.com/
>>
>>54940558
This sounds like some sort of elaborate ruse to get us to tell you how to dox some chick.
>>
>>54940608
imgur strips EXIF doesn't it?
>>
>>54940914
No it was a new username. I just checked the website you posted and nothing came up.

>>54941037
yeah it was posted via imgur. So no reverse Image search? How the fuck did he figure out her name and shit, just from the picture?
>>
>gf
NORMIE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54941559
It may have been someone who knows her from school/work/etc
>>
>>54940558
post image of gf profile image
>>
Reddit. Not even once.
>>
>>54940558
OP Trolled his own gf because he hates his mother, and by extension, all women

/thread
>>
>>54940558
Probably some nigger who knows her in real life and stalking her. Tie the loose ends yourself.
>>
File: camouflage_girl.jpg (518 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
camouflage_girl.jpg
518 KB, 744x1052
Literally flirt with him via ur gf's acc, set up a date and beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>54941763
THIS Anon is the only logical way to go !!
>>
Post her pics so we can see how they did it
>>
Comments can be pretty revealing, especially on a site like reddit, where your comment history could go back several years now.

It doesn't take much, maybe she mentions where she works one month, then she posts to her city's subreddit a couple months later, it all adds up.
>>
>>54941826
This, people don't realize how much info they put on the internet over the years.

t. professional doxxer, who tracked down and doxxed hundreds of people for fun
>>
>>54941763
he will let her gf do the flirting instead then let the guy fuck him in the ass
>>
Post her username here. Often times if someone used the same username for multiple sites one of those sites will have their real name linked to it.
>>
>>54940558
Is your woman a typical narcissistic whore with a Jewbook account?

She's a woman posting pictures of herself on the internet. They're always on Jewbook. The pictures are also on Jewbook. Jewbook has her personal information.
>>
>>54940558
>cyberbullying
>oh no muh feelings
Literally just walk off a cliff.
>>
>>54940558
Well, by reading the title only, I instantly recognized that she's a dingbat. Case closed.
>>
>>54940558
she might have used the same nick somewhere else?
>>
>>54940558

Probably some virus, maybe std?
>>
>>54940558
Your gf is cucking you with Jameel
>>
>>54940558
She probably used the same username as on other sites where there's more information about her. Just visit her profile, see which infos you can gather and google them.
>>
>>54940558
>he even made her cry
>started online bullying her pretty damn hard.

If anyone cries over something on the internet, especially "cyber bullying"(kek) That person needs to kill him/her self
>>
>>54940558
Most likely she is recycling her username on sites that have information as to who she is. Finding out who people are if they don't protect themselves from the get go is trivial. Being safe online involves having usernames and email address tied to nothing involving who you are at all.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.