[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've used Windows 7 for around 5 years now and never did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: IHeB66x.png (1 MB, 1788x1030) Image search: [Google]
IHeB66x.png
1 MB, 1788x1030
I've used Windows 7 for around 5 years now and never did any reformat. However my system already needs one because it is taking 15mins just to log in to Windows.

Is Windows 10 a meme? I'm really tempted /g/.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>54938829
I use windows 10 and it's been great
Faster boot times
Better security
Better UI
>>
>>54938960
>Faster boot times
>Better security
Cannot confirm

>Better UI
This is why I updated. I also like the updated notification menu
>>
>>54938829
>15mins just to log in to Windows
you have problems far beyond win10 shit
>>
>>54939016
this, op.
and if it weren't for this, then >>54938906
>>
>>54938960
Please kill yourself, microdick shill.

>>54938829
Your PC is slow most likely because you are part of 25 botnets and have other viruses on your system. Just do a fucking clean install of Windows 7 and you will be fine.
>>
>>54939016
It sure as hell isn't my specs. My PC is fine when I first bought it.
Core i7 2600K
6MB Ram
Geforce GTX 970 (upgraded to this video card)

Games are fast but Windows startup is slow.
>>
File: 1410090255688.jpg (126 KB, 1274x1001) Image search: [Google]
1410090255688.jpg
126 KB, 1274x1001
>>54938960
liar, shill, subhuman

kill yourself
>>
>>54938829
I've had Windows 7 for 8 years. Took 5-10 mins to log in.

Then I bought an SSD.

Nice try, Palooinpoo. No money in your sheckle drawer for Microsack this day.
>>
Buy a ssd.
>>
>>54938960
>Better security
Heh
>>
I use 10 and my pc takes 1.5 seconds to boot i7 6700 4GB DDR4 + A SSD
>>
>>54939111
that has nothing to do with this thread
>>
>>54939146
sure it does this is /g/ where we discuss technology, op's boot times are shit because he's on shit hardware and probably running a bazillion programs, how about you fuck off and stop trying to derail it.
>>
>>54939205
it would have something to do with this thread if he didnt mentions win10 like it had anything to do with boot time, typical shill
>>
>>54939256
but it does since a pc will boot faster 0n 10 than 7 on two pc's of the same hardware (provided they are relatively recent model that can handle it)
>>
>>54939041
Can you please enlighten me why people won't upgrade to Windows 10?

OP here and I'm tempted because it is free.
>>
>>54939322
there is a big difference between 15 minutes boot time and 10 seconds, but there is no fucking difference between 10 seconds and 1.5 seconds and its especially not a fucking deciding factor when choosing an OS, stupid idiot. not to mention that in reality the boot times are probably a lot closer to each other when optimized and ontop of that win10 comes with tones of bloatware that will increase boot time over time by a lot.
>>
>>54939048
So go back through your recent software and hardware changes and work out what the last change before the slows started was. you dumb fuck. You could also, I dunno, try googling "diagnosing windows 7 startup delays"

Why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>54939341
please don't use the word "upgrade"
it is "update"
>>
>>54939420
>So go back through your recent software and hardware changes and work out what the last change before the slows started was. you dumb fuck. You could also, I dunno, try googling "diagnosing windows 7 startup delays"

I rarely use my computer (around thrice a week) and I only use it to browse net, watch movies or play vidya for an hour or two. It become sluggish around a couple of years ago and I never really mind it until lately when I discovered there's a new windows and it's free if you have Windows 7.
I plan on doing a clean install of Windows 7 but should I upgrade to Windows 10?
>>
>>54939460
there is not a single reason to upgrade to 10
>>
>>54939460
>should I upgrade to Windows 10?
Who fucking cares. Reinstall Win7, update it to 10, and if you don't like it, reinstall Win7. Not hard.
>>
>>54939472
>there is not a single reason to upgrade to 10

>Enjoy your system not being secure after 2020
>New hardware not being supported
>Slow boot up times
>Dozens of botnet and viruses tailor made for Windows 7
>Ugly UI
>>
>>54939396
sounds to me like you can't come to terms with your old ways and the fact that windows 10 boots faster than 7 and is 'just better'

The only thing that's gonna boot faster than 10 is linux
>>
>>54939396
that 'bloatware' can simply be uninstalled it's not10s fault you cant find your way around a new OS

idiot
>>
More security against script kiddys but think about it who is gonna keep your doors shut if microsoft is going in with there backdoor in your lovely windows Firewall? I guess its just a matter of time bad guys will find the backdoor usefull.
+ better ui
+ better gaming performance
>>
>>54939493
>Enjoy your system not being secure after 2020
what does that mean? you mean windows updates? the only way to get a virus nowadays is either if someone really knowledgeable really wants to get into your system or if you lack any kind of common sense

>New hardware not being supported
by the time that happens we will either have a new windows already or at least a completely unbloated version with all the shit removed that no one wants, including telemetry bullshit.

>Slow boot up times
if you have a ssd and your system is not bloated by all kinds of shit you installed (lack of common sense again) then there is no such thing as slow boot up times, and this also applies to win10

>Dozens of botnet and viruses tailor made for Windows 7
if you get any kind of virus ever then youre either stupid or as unlucky as the guy who dies from cancer one day before the cure is discovered

>Ugly UI
what?

>>54939548
i dont see any arguments here

>>54939579
the point is win10 makes nothing better than win7 and things like debloating is just an extra step that adds to the "not worth it".
>>
>>54939624
So you're waiting for Windows 11 then? Why?
Upgrading to Windows 10 is free.
>>
>>54939612
if there was a gaping hole everyone would already know about it by now and be thrashing it, but they don't so if there is it must be a really good one
>>
>>54939655
youre such a fucking idiot, please just leave
>>
Upgrade

Everyone on /g/ uses Windows 10 already
Also it's for free

>paying for software
>>
>>54939658
Maybe but if you think about it you will be at the same point as i .... there have to be a backdoor ... ive see a man going in under 10 sec its a fucking joke what he did
>>
>>54938829
Instead of giving into Microsoft's bullshit, try out Ubuntu. It's free and you can try it out without installing it.

Download the ISO: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
Burn it to a USB flash drive with win32diskimager: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Then reboot your PC and boot from the flash drive. It'll boot in a fully live environment that you can play around with before you decide to install.
>>
>>54939695
I'm open to the possibility there is but also that there is not and if there is it's not going to be just windows 10 that has it.

is every hack microsofts fault? no, depends on the technical prowess of the user.
>>
>>54939744
>recommending linux

Not everyone can relate to your autism
>>
>>54939751
>is every hack microsofts fault
yes, but only because they are forcing everyone to w10 and that makes everyone vulnerable
>>
>>54939771
Enjoy your spyware then, I guess. Not everyone can relate to bending over for Microsoft.
>>
>>54939784
they aren't forcing everyone to 10 though, anyone can pirate any windows, don't wanna upgrade? install a fucking fresh cop and use an activator or disable them,
>>
>>54939787
turned all that shit off, if you think 10 spies on you but windows 7 makes you immune and don't have proof to back it up then you don't know what your talking about.
>>
>>54938960

>Faster boot times
Takes me 3 - 7 minutes to boot, I counted. Did a fresh install 3 times already. Same thing each time.

>Better security
Same as any other windows version

>Better UI
If you like colored blocks. But it could be worse.

Can't wait to build a new PC for myself, so I could just use KVM and only have Linux on my HDD.

Dualbooting is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>54939823
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3030564/microsoft-windows/microsoft-uses-the-force-you-will-upgrade-to-windows-10.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/09/12/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-now-forced-onto-windows-7-and-windows-8/#2d16bf9e5b28

>thinking that normies know how to stop this shit let alone how to not get pre installed malware on a w8/w7 install
wew lad
>>
>>54939744
>http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
>which means five years of free security and maintenance updates, guaranteed.
>five years

Toppest of keks
Windows 10 is free and provides more than five years of free security.
>>
>>54939852
Microsoft backported their telemetry features to W7, so they spy on that by default as well. Considering their track record and that nobody has access to the Windows source code to verify what it's doing, I'm not sure why you'd trust it.

>>54939852
Yes, you "turned it off" as much as Microsoft will let you and admit to.
>>
>>54939751
One hand it does on the other hand there building a backdoor and its not there fault ? The thing is you cant shut it down until you disable it by gpo
>>
>>54939858
Same as any other windows versions is not right the improved the code chaos to there maximum an disabled nearly the most post exploits for escalation priveleges
>>
>>54939658
>if there was a gaping hole everyone would already know about it
They can literally change your operating system without your consent. That's about as big of a back door as it gets.
>>
>>54939341
Windows 7 has been shown to be a superior product. It also doesn't come with all the spyware and bloatware of 10. There are former Microsoft employees who say just as much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRV6PXB6QLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
>>
The only thing that is improved over 8.1 is the boot times, everything else has gotten worse.
>>
File: risitas.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
risitas.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>54938829
>15mins just to log in to Windows
ayy lmao
>>
>>54938829
>2016
>Using wangblows
>wangblows 10
My sides
>>
>Windows 10

>enjoy not being able to play pirated games and run pirated software which is the reason why you bought a PC
>>
>>54939450
It's a upgrade deal with it.
>>
>>54942019
Holy shit, I was not aware of this. Microdick outdoes itself again.
>>
Defragment
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.