[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows phone app
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20160527_21_36_01_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 2368x4208) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160527_21_36_01_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 2368x4208
If I would like to make an app for Windows phone, what language should I use for it? If possible, I would like with time to expand on android platform as well. Is there possibility to write code on one and the same base?
>>
C#
No.
>>
>>54937342
Open source it, you will be literally the first to fucking EVER open source a single WP app, literally spent hours looking for open source windows phone apps and they just don't exist, it's like it's not allowed or some shit.
>>
>>54937342
Check out React Native or Phonegap. React native pretty much runs reactjs as native code on most of the platforms.
Close to no work with porting.
>>
>>54937365
What is 4charm?
>>
>>54937365
4charm is open source go fix the captcha on posting if it isn't already
>>
first make a fdroid for Windows phone
>>
1st C#/XAML

2nd Xamarin if now free, code once, ship everywhere...
>>
>>54937365
Some of us did, your google skills are weak.
>>
>>54937447
This could be possible with win 10 mobile (and Dev mode activated in the settings) but I don't know if it possible to trigger an app install via an app like on Android. The best we may have is a website to download programs.
>>
I herd that C# is only viable possibility for that.
>>
>>54937350
what is xamarin?
>>
>>54937406
I pulled it and looked through but fuck it's horribly organized and architected.
>>
Silverlight, WPF, WP7, WP8, Win 10 UWP developer here.

Ask me anything, I'll be watching this thread for the next hour.
>>
Use C# and XAML for Windows Phone and Java and XML for Android. They are very similar anyway. If you use something like Xamarin you're pretty much shitting on both platforms and their users. The App won't feel native on either one and it just shows that you have no respect for the targets you develop for.
>>
>>54938831
Depends on what, Xamarin has its use cases.

Xaharing.Forms for simple fart apps (and simple CRUD apps). But Xamarin native, with a separate UI for every platform is awesome.

You can't tell it isn't a native app on all 3 platforms.
>>
>>54938667
Op here, so I will need to make project as my Professional school (It's like high school) diploma work (I have year to make it). I decided that I could try and make running app for mainly windows phone users. As for now I have experience in C++, Pascal, Delphi, Python, HTML, CSS, Jquery, My Pl and base SQL languages. I think of learning C# for main code. Should I change direction towards some other language, languages? Is there anything you could add - what are do's and don'ts?
>>
>>54938831
I guess I will try to follow this anons advice.
>>
>>54939043
Dos:
-use MVVM Light or Prism

Don'ts:
-reinvent the wheel

As for >>54938831 it's true and not true.
Android is finally getting data binding, but Java is still shit and missing tons of neat features that make C# way cleaner.

And the XML abomination used for defining UIs is complete shit compared to XAML.

All in all, my advice is still Xamarin Native. That way you can share the business logic (C#) in the shared project, and make a native UI for all 3 platforms (you'll need a Mac for UI designing and building/testing).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.