[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are people going to stand up to this upgrade tyranny and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: donttreadonmewindows10.jpg (240 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
donttreadonmewindows10.jpg
240 KB, 2000x1334
When are people going to stand up to this upgrade tyranny and file a class action lawsuit?
>>
>>54935766
When people will stop being a retards. i.e. never
>>
>>54935766
Never, unless Europe sees something to gain.
>>
>>54935766
When are you going to stop memeing and realize Windows 10 is pretty good?

>inb4 poo in loo
>>
>>54935997
Thank you Pajeet. 10 Microsoft Points have been deposited into your Xbox Live account.
>>
>>54935997
Poo in loo
o
o

i
n

l
o
o
>>
When they start reading the fucking eula and realize they can do jack about it
>>
>>54935766
why would they when they could just install Linux?
>>
>>54935766
Windows 10 just werks.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>54935766
Literally never. The majority of people don't care.

They see their 'tech friends' talk about how it spies on you and they think 'Oh my, that's bad. Someone should DO something about that!'and then goes back to scrolling through their newsfeed, completely forgetting they saw it in less than five minutes.
>>
I bet most of you 15 year old retards that are now constantly crying will be here all summer after free upgrade is gone asking how to pirate/ activate it.
>>
>>54937316
> asking how to pirate/activate it
I genuinely can't believe people who come to /g/ don't know how to torrent things or google 'how activate win 10 derp'.

And yet you're right, as thread after thread is made of 'How do I activ-' 'DAZ loader or Windows Toolkit'
>>
>>54937313
>people dont care
Thats exactly why they are mostly forcing upgrades now. People done care, and were not taking care of their system, applying security patches etc. So, to correct that problem, they are now basically forcing upgrades.
>>
>>54937490
Although the default setting was 'Download and install updates automatically', even back in Windows 7.
>>
>>54937515
No it wasnt. it was the default selection, but people still had to pick it, and most people just ignored it.
>>
>>54937551
Oh, you're right. Well, kind of. From memory, it would automatically download and update, and then ask to restart, and most people would just hit 'Postpone' forever. I guess that's why they got rid of that option.
>>
>>54935766
Haven't you looked at /g/'s thread-catalog, every second thread is about how could they suck Microshaft's cock more efficiently and taking NSA deeper in their arses.

Your tyranny is /g/'s wetdream.
>>
With how far Nutella's goal of 1 billion Windows 10 computers is, I can see them extending the free upgrade period for another year.
>>
>>54935766
I don't think there's anything to do, it's Microsoft's operating system, even the copy on your machine. They own it, you're just paying for a license to use it.
>>
>>54935766
When are people going to stop being lazy fucks who demand everyone but themselves do something about X?
>>
>>54935766
>Don't tread on me
>class action lawsuit
Forget lawsuits. Exit.
>>
>>54935766
Well, it's going to end soon, thankfully.

>>54935997
No, it's not. It's garbage.
>>
When retards will realize the single truth about their state of mind.

To be more precise - and it was noted several times already on /g/ - it is kinda like "retard check".

In video games, this term applies to moments, where player is supposed to do move out of big red circle once in 5 minutes or perform other similar easy action to avoid destruction and collect easy reward.

This time, the retard check is about updates. If you are smart enough to set upgrades to notify instead of auto-download/installation, to read the contents of updates (and reject and hide those related to Windows 10 upgrade), the congratulations - you passed the check, enjoy your OS of choice.

If you dont, dont cry over how MS is pushing Win10 and other updates down your throat, since they are actually doing you a FAVOR. Yes, a favor, since you are not smart enough to set up updates settings on your own machine, to configure your own OS, which is still easier than what you would need to do with your Linux distro.

This is actually both amazing and boring to read this crap all the time, especially about all those "UNEXPECTED UPGRADE, WAT DO", stories, when few clicks can prevent that. Dont tell me it can't, my desktop and laptop dont nag me about it, because I told them not to, still happily running on Win7 and 8.1, respectively, during everyday usage.

Cheers.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.