[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of arguing over people's Linux distro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: yuno sketchpad.jpg (228 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
yuno sketchpad.jpg
228 KB, 600x600
What's the point of arguing over people's Linux distro of choice? Do you really need to feel superior over other Linux users when you already get that epeen from bullying Windows users? Why not just let people do what they enjoy, even if their system is unstable or their DE is ugly or whatever? This board is needlessly inflammatory, I swear. If you use Linux, you're already superior enough so you can stop bitching about Ubuntu noobs or arch retards or whatever
>>
File: Screenshot_143.jpg (40 KB, 533x517) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_143.jpg
40 KB, 533x517
>>54935639
>If you use Linux, you're already superior enough

tfw actually like windows
>>
>>54935639
/g/ is full of children that just want to shitpost and fight each other. There's almost nothing even resembling tech discussion anymore.
>>
>>54935678
This is the correct answer. Just use whatever suits your needs, anons.

I also wonder how long people's "Linux > Window$" phase usually lasts (mine felt rather short and it only happened in my teenage years), or if it only depends on being a bit of an idiot.
>>
>>54935639
this place is full of pathetic fucks
so they need to feel superior about the shit they use whatever it is
and pick on others for not using exactly the same things
it's /g/, people here don't know shit and brag about it
>>
File: 1453084459132.png (203 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1453084459132.png
203 KB, 300x400
linux is fun
talking about linux is fun
arguing about linux is fun!!
>>
>>54935924
Being productive and not wasting time talking about subjective opinions is more fun than all of that, anon.
>>
What distribution would Yuno use?
>>
>>54935939
blackArch
>>
>>54935932
Yet you're still on 4chan.
>>
Where would the shitposting go to then?
It's not healthy to hold in all the anger.
>>
>>54935639
Where do you see enough Linux users on /g/ to explain the amount of posts arguing about distros? Have you not seen the giant threads talking about the latest and greatest video card?

I use use Linux and those threads have no interest to me because I know Linux doesn't really do the high end graphics thing.

/g/ is /v/ with rare RMS pics. /v/ is /pol/ with gaymers. /pol/ is /b/ with somehow more 12 year olds. So /g/ is 12 year old gaymers reposting reposts about gaymin with reposted RMS pics.

Since we've ruled out the possibility of Linux gaymers we now know that the only way to explain distro arguments is 12 year old gaymers talking about shit they don't know. Which is what they do on /pol/, /b/, and any other board which isn't /g/.
>>
File: winter yuno.jpg (98 KB, 850x1071) Image search: [Google]
winter yuno.jpg
98 KB, 850x1071
>>54936464
I am a linux gaymer
>>
Agreed. Good post OP.
>>
>>54938398
Ur a qt <3
>>
>>54935639
Because there are two kinds of distros:

1. GNU/Linux distros, which respect the users freedom like Debian

2. Linux distros, which don't respect the users freedom like Arch
>>
>>54936464

>Where do you see enough Linux users on /g/ to explain the amount of posts arguing about distros?

Not him, but basically every day I check. Often about how Gentoo/Arch are superior and how Mint (the distro I actually use) is shit and for babies.

Now since AMD and Nvidia made their battle more intense, it is only natural that we got many threads here about graphic cards, since this is technology board, not "/g/nu+Linux" board.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.