[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until 3D printing laptop cases becomes common? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1411666807003732.jpg (112 KB, 1207x805) Image search: [Google]
1411666807003732.jpg
112 KB, 1207x805
How long until 3D printing laptop cases becomes common?

>tfw you were born just in time to stick modern hardware in a custom ThinkPad chassis
>>
>you were born just in time to print a very shitty, substandard laptop chassis instead of buying a real laptop
>>
>>54927454
maybe once they fix the quality of 3d printers
>>
>>54927454
>shitty plastic laptop cases
No thanks
>>
>>54927454
I was actually looking at those earlier today. Albeit cool, there's absolutely no reason to spend that amount of money for the hardware you're getting. Plus, I'm not convinced about the layout
>>
I came to this thread because the picture looked like a photonic computer that was being slid into its laptop shell.

But it's not.
>>
>>54927454
First 3D printers have to become common. The cases would be ass unless you have some kind of heavy grade plastic or have it be a composite plastic. However what you want is something completly asinine. To have modern parts in a laptop would be idiotic as it would need to be plugged in at all times and the battery if there is one would be drained in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>54927454
That would've looked a lot better if they took the time to sand it down and spray paint it

For now it looks like a shitty replacement shell you'd get for $5 on AliExpress
>>
>>54927454

>plastic 3d printed case
>"the future"

Sure it is, Pajeet, enjoy Curry Wonderland
>>
>>54927454
>it's year 2016
>for your laptop you have the choice between
>a shitty 3D printed laptop case
>a cheap plastic molded case that cost less than $10 excluding the cost of the mold which doesn't matter because of economies of scale

What do
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.