[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GitHub Alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: github-logo.png (8 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
github-logo.png
8 KB, 1200x1200
What's /g/'s thoughts on GitHub, especially with regard to its SJW policies? Is it bad enough to warrant investigating other options? I'm not currently interested in having any private projects, so pricing isn't an issue - I'd just like a good place to host some of my hobby projects so others can find them and hopefully benefit from them in some way, minus all the bullshit. Is something like BitBucket good for hobbyists? It seems geared mainly towards professional users.
>>
>>54927328
gitlab, though the website itself sucks
>>
>>54927328
>SJW policies
You have to be 18 or older to use this site.
>>
>>54927328
>SJW policies

Honest question. Why does anyone care what the fuck the staff's biases are? GitHub is for hosting code and issue-tracking.

Are there any examples of SJW-ism actually affecting people's productivity with and flow?
>>
>>54927372
I don't care what the staff's biases are. It matters to me when they start doing things like considering banning the use of the words master and slave when talking about bus devices, etc. That's absurd to me.
>>
Github can suck my dick
Use gitlab or your own gogs instance and mirror your shit on github if you really need to use some of their features but don't come crying here when they ban you for something you said 6 years ago on twitter.
>>
>>54927344
>>54927406
I was under the impression that gitlab was for locally hosted repositories. I specifically would like a place to host code where the community can actively benefit from my shitty programming.
>>
>>54927447
You can download gitlab and run your own instance but the gitlab site also offers code hosting for free
Shit's a bit slow sometimes, though.
https://gitlab.com/users/sign_in

If you want your code to be easily discoverable then create a mirror on github but ask readers to not use github's PR and issues.
>>
>>54927396
lol. That's pretty funny anon.

Not mocking you or anything, I'm genuinely curious. Do you have some kind of citation for GitHub considering censoring master-slave terminology because they feel it somehow has racist undertones.
>>
>>54927526
No
>>
>>54927526
not him
I'm not sure about github but it happened already in the open source community. I think node was one of them
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.