[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
smart tv usb to computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: $_57.jpg (56 KB, 700x453) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
56 KB, 700x453
Hey guys, I'm stuck with a situation right now, I have a bunch of recorded usbs I used for a smart tv. But I can't seem to watch any of it on my computer.
Is there any way to covert the usb content so it can be read on another device, or will all those movies be unplayable when I get rid of my samsung tv?
>>
>>54923528
You're fucked.
>>
>>54923528
What actually is the problem? what format is the files in? you give us no info here
>>
>>54923586
Smart tvs ask to format the usbs when you first plug them in, so when I plug it into the computer it then asks if I want to format it. I'll obviously lose all the data if I try that so I have no idea.
>>
>>54923660
>Smart tvs ask to format the usbs
format to what? have you tried on a linux pc?
>>
Heil
>>
>>54923682
Only use OS and windows but I did hear smart tvs are linux based, does anyone know if that works?
>>
>>54923528
What you are experiencing is called DRM.

This is similar to hdcp.
What you tv does is it formats the usb to a custom file system (check on gparted) and then stores the files recorded in it , probably in encrypted format. Thus you can record media from tv and watch it later on it too, but you can't store it without drm. This way you can't pirate any media from your tv.

You can thank the movie and tv industry for this.
Similar thing happens in some cable boxes too
>>
>>54923762
When you're stupid, yeah.
Otherwise it's just a minor problem.
>>
>>54924153
Can you give more details about this system and how it is bypassed?

I only knew this much.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.