[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overheating laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: overheating.png (54 KB, 621x656) Image search: [Google]
overheating.png
54 KB, 621x656
So I've got this 4 years old noisy overheating HP Pavilion dv6 and it's driving me mad, it gets hot for no fucking reason, from just browsing on the internet, these are the things I've tried so far:

>cleaned everything, deleted temp files, uninstalled programs I don't need, deleted most pictures/videos, fixed registry issues, etc...

>installed Kapersky anti-virus, ran a complete scan and deleted every single detectable malware

>opened my laptop up and cleaned the dust out of everything, all the vents are clean and the fan is as well

>disabled all unnecesary start-up programs and unused background processes

>bought a fucking USB laptop platform fan

What else is there to do /g/? I formatted it not that long ago too...
>>
1. the location of your laptop determines its temps
2. stop using windows you retard
>>
>>54910845
>I've got this ... HP
>it gets hot for no fucking reason

It gets hot because it is an HP.
>>
>>54910845
Are you 2.5gb at idle!?
>>
>>54910845
>opened my laptop up and cleaned the dust out of everything, all the vents are clean and the fan is as well
Did you replace the thermal paste and thermal pads? Cleaning the dust is not enough.
Also, check the HDD temperature. Their are often the hottest parts inside of many laptop chassis. Replacing it with any SSD will also drop the temperatures and will significantly improve battery life thanks to reduced power consumption.
>>
Thermal paste replacement might help but ts probably engineered to be hot as fuck and thus the components are literally just outputting that much heat
>>
>>54910845
Check the connector between the CPU fan and the MB. I've seen HP laptop connectors slowly slide out of their socket for no good reason. Use some epoxy to make sure it stays put if it feels a little loose.
>>
>>54910928
>replace the thermal paste and thermal pads
This breaks the mightiest of men.
>>
File: SPECCY.png (37 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
SPECCY.png
37 KB, 700x532
what
>>
>>54910927
I'm not running anything beside this thread and two other tabs.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.