[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, I bought a new computer setup with the intent on using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1464407381904.jpg (128 KB, 1176x689) Image search: [Google]
1464407381904.jpg
128 KB, 1176x689
So /g/, I bought a new computer setup with the intent on using my old hardrive. My new computer won't boot up windows. Any possible way to get around this without buying a new hard drive and copy of windows?
>>
>>54908679
no
windows is tied to the old motherboard, you need a new key.
>>
>>54908679
Probably difference of drivers/components, and/or different boot settings (AHCI on/off, UEFI boot on/off, and such). You might need to change BIOS settings accordingly, or use repair console. Try if it boots into safe mode or whatever it is called these days.

Obviously you don't need to buy new HDD, just reinstall and new activation is needed.
>>
>>54908711
People say it is usually possible to get stuff to activate, over phone at worst. I never tried, so you have to ask somebody else what to do and what story to make up (best idea is probably that the motherboard got fried by power surge and your new stuff is replacement hardware put into the same PC).
>>
So if i need a new key, should i just wipe my current hard drive and get a pirated version?
>>
>>54908749
Phone reactivation is 100% automated. You don't speak to any humans.
>>
Linux.
>>
>>54909216
If it is willing to activate, but if it refuses, aren't there some lines to call or stuff like that? I never did such tricks.
>>
>>54908679
Not tech support, boogie is disgusting, kys
>>
>>54909761
Shit just works m8, if it's your legit key it will reactivate no problems. I've done it dozens of times.
>>
>>54909896

Can confirm. Just do it. Takes 5 minutes, and it WILL work with a legit key.
>>
you can have it reactivated online thru livechat also
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.