[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Use KeePass >oh cool this is what I needed >10 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: keepass_512x512.png (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
keepass_512x512.png
36 KB, 512x512
>Use KeePass
>oh cool this is what I needed
>10 months later
>see a tab called "History"
>literally shows all of my passwords I'm not using anymore
>have to go through entry after entry to remove them individually

I fell for the KeePass meme, is there something better?
>>
>>54905204
Use passwordmaker.org.

Generate passwords for each site on the fly. Annoying when a site doesn't support your password scheme but it has apps for ios and Android to generate passwords on the fly wherever
>>
KeypassX, which is what you should have been using in the first place
>>
>>54905275
it's what I'm using you dumb fucking shill
>>
>>54905287
woah there hothead
>>
>>54905204
>trivial inconvenience
>i fell for the meme
You have the freedom to modify the software as you wish.
>>
>>54905251
Confirmed for not using keypassX. It has a robust password generator.

>>54905287
Then why does a password history bother you?
Well firstly keypassX doesn't have tabs, and it only puts passwords on an 'expired list' if you give them an expiry date.
Generally, you are not using keypassX
>>
>>54905287
You're using KeePass. What you should be using is KeePassX.
>>
>>54905204
>not just storing all password is an encrypted text file
>>
>>54905204
Why the fuck is that a problem? Dont open the history tab if you don't need it. It actually saved me the other day when I needed to get an old password back.
Everything inside your database is encrypted anyway.
>>
>>54905204
The dev of that site won't switch to HTTPS because he doesn't want to lose ad revenue. Avoid at all costs
>>
>>54905204
SafeInCloud. It costs money so neets on /g/ never talk about it.
>>
>>54906964
Just turn off auto-update and download the installer from sourceforge, they have https by default.
>>
>>54906964
IE switch to KeypassX which is what you should have been using in the first place anyway
>>
>>54905204
Tools -> Database Tools -> Database Maintenance

can you guys do anything on your own?
>>
>>54905251
So how does it work? I paste the URL and get a link that autofills the password? Can it work on software rather than links? I don't really understand the way they're explaining, but it sounds like a useful tool.
>>
>>54905204
Just delete the history tab, it'll create a new one next time you change a password or disable history entirely.
>>
>>54907192
Use keypassX instead of a password collecting botnet please
>>
>>54907224
>>54907078
>>54905549
What is so great about keepassx?
>>
Genuine question - I use the same 8 passwords everywhere and I have never been hacked. Why should I bother generating retarded unmemorizable strings of symbols and having to use an external application (which means entering in a master password) every time I want to log in to a website? If I'm not on my PC and my phone battery is dead I'm fucked as well, right?
So why bother? None of you are the president of a nation, or you know, at all important, so why would the evil Eastern European hackers target you? I'm seriously curious if this is paranoia or there is an another reason.
>>
>a software made for storing passwords had the audacity to store passwords! And it didn't magically guess which ones it should delete!
Shocking
>>
>>54907487
For the same reason that you lock your door when you leave the house.
>>
>>54906964
>auto updating anything
>>
>>54907487
>If I'm not on my PC and my phone battery is dead I'm fucked as well, right?
What are you logging into then?
>>
>>54907619
A faculty PC? A friend's PC?
>>
>>54907635
Plug your phone in.
>>
>>54907575
Having a strong password is like having a lock. Having a string of 24 characters on your leddit account is like having six doors and a bouncer protecting your one room apartment.
>>
Can you access keepass on mobile or away from your home computer?
>>
>>54907688
If having six doors and hiring a bouncer to protect my apartment was free, who the hell wouldn't?
>>
>>54907714
If you take your database file with you or make it available, yes.
>>
>>54906985
Is actually a damn good one to.
>>
>>54907224
what the fuck is the difference between keepass 2.0 and keepassx

im using both but keepass 2.0 looks better and have more features
>>
>>54907726
I'd settle for a single lock still, because unlocking six doors and saying "how you doin'" to the bouncer every time I want to get back home would get tiresome. My apartment is still shit, not even druggers would try to break in.
>>
>>54907737
>Paying to safe passwords
>>
>>54907866
>save
>>
>>54907688
It's more like having a weak password is like using a 2 pin lock and having a a strong password is like having a 10 pin lock. Your password manager is the key to your locks.
It doesn't matter to you how many pins the lock uses because the key sorts it out. It matters to the theif because they can't pop 10 pins.
>>
do you guys use 1 email for 10 accounts or something similar?
>>
>>54907714
idk about iOS but there are a couple non-official Keepass apps for Android that work fine. Keepass2Android is what I use and I keep my database file on my phone up to date with Syncthing. There are also plugins for Keepass2 that sync your passwords through other methods but I haven't tried them
>>
>>54905204
> been using keepass since 2009
> never actually looked around the tabs and shit
> wrote old passwords in the notes form if I for some reason would need them
> now saw the history tab

mind blown
>>
>>54909758
Are you me? I considered moving to pass, but I don't really like the fact you have a dir with multiple files and that you have to use gpg
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.