[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people still use Windows 10? It's a surveillance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Windows_10_Logo.svg.png (30 KB, 1280x237) Image search: [Google]
Windows_10_Logo.svg.png
30 KB, 1280x237
Why do people still use Windows 10?
It's a surveillance heaven, it's forced down your throat, and it fucks up your perfectly working programs.
>dude, i have nothing to hide, what are you talking about?
Tell me that when your country is a 1984-esque hellhole, where anything that Big Brother doesn't like can get you a ticket to a slow and torturous death.
>you don't need to use it, you can revert to windows 7
And spend extra time reconfiguring shit.
I'm guessing even with Windows 7, Microsoft can backport the telemetry code from Windows 10, so there's no point using Windows if you don't want the NSA spying on you.
>b-but it's free
Free, as in freedom, or free, as in no charge?
It's the latter, obviously.
Can the shills convince me to start using Windows 10, and not Linux?
>>
My question is why do people still bitch about Windows 10 when there are alternatives out there?
>>
>>54903905
My guess is because Windows has the most programs out there, so programs + forced down your throat = People that are stuck with it.
>>
>Why do people still use Windows 10?
Because it's good.
>It's a surveillance heaven, it's forced down your throat, and it fucks up your perfectly working programs.
Nope, you're just a paranoid little dumbass. Use Linux and give us a break.
>Can the shills convince me to start using Windows 10, and not Linux?
No one is going to convince you of anything, we don't give a shit. Go back to Linux and stop complaining every fucking day.
>>
>>54903935
And why is it good, exactly?
Not trying to be rude here.
>>
>>54903886
i have windows 10 on a PC which i use only for playing vidya, most of the time it isn't connected to the internet.
>>
>>54903951
Because it's stable, elegant, and backwards compatible. It's what Windows 8 should have been.
>>
>>54904001
yes
nail on the head
>>
>>54903974
I do agree with you on this, though.
Windows 10 is fast, but if I'm being forced to download updates that break my computer, why would I do that?
>it's because of idiots not updating and getting zero days
Then so be it. I don't want to break my PC with forced updates just because a hick thought that he won't update, and then complain when his PC gets zero days and viruses up the ass.
I want to use Windows 10, but I can't because of the aforementioned reasons.
>>
>>54904001
But Windows 7 already is all of those things.
>>
I bought a computer with the intent of playing a few games on the side.

That hasn't changed, I'm not using Linux on this unless I dual boot, and I find that to be a waste of time.

So I will use Windows, whether it's 7 or 10 just because I want my hardware to function properly.
>>
Just werks
Why do freetards care so much about other people's computers? I thought I was supposed to be able to use it as I wish, but no, I can only use it as I wish if it's something you like.
Sounds a whole lot like feminism.
>>
>>54903886
>It's a surveillance heaven, it's forced down your throat
So are ISP's and telecom networks. Why do people still use the internet and phones ?
>>
Windows 7 without telemtry updates is great.
Windows 10 is garbage, heads up for those people using it, your system can and will break soon enough. I have tried W10 3 times on 3 different systems and all of them:
>Broke after 2 months (Programs not loading up, HDD navigation errors)
>Will have your Internet Speeds throttled by the OS phoning home (stayed at 70 ping and broke very often on W10, stays at 29 ping, no issues on same hardware)
>>
>>54904448
Yeah pretty much.

They want everyone on 10 so they can scrape some advertising data (they do do this, you have to turn it off explictly). They also want lock-in and the ability to push their stupid UWP or whatever app shit.

You CANNOT shut off the diagnostics telemetry though. I don't know why ANYONE would be ok with not being in control of the connections their computer makes. I will continue to use 7 until some fucker finds out how to patch it out. Otherwise, it's shit, but it's not complete garbage.
>>
>>54903886

spybot has a tool that cuts the tracking and spying.
>>
>>54905218
Attempts to. Literally impossible to get rid of all of it
>>
>>54904555
this
>>
>>54905205
This really irritates me. My old motherboard just finished dying, and when I buy Zen (or in some terrible event, Intel's artificially priced nonsense) I'll be more or less forced to use Windows 10 in some capacity. Games I'd like to play, software I need to run.

I'll be dual booting Gentoo otherwise, but it's just obnoxious. The human species are a bunch of broken braindead apes. No one likes this. No one. Yet we perpetually sustain and recreate it, over, and over, again.

Fuck Microsoft.
>>
Man I'm about to pull the trigger on returning to Windows 7. I just don't find comfort in this system.
>>
>muh 1984
Stopped reading here
>>
>>54905363
Because you're a weak person.

Run along. The adults are talking.
>>
>>54903935
I agree with this.
>>
>>54905369
>adults who are into memes and don't know much else
>>
>>54903886
They enjoy being controlled and spied on.
>>
>>54904001
I don't know how anyone can find Windows 10 elegant. It's literally a bunch of blocks. It doesn't even allow proper customization and it's completely inconsistent. Working on it gives me a headache.
>>
>>54903886
Linux it's terrible as an actual desktop OS unless you only browse the Internet and check email.
And Mac OS doesn't run properly on normal PCs and is terrible on desktops
>>
>>54903886
>It's a surveillance heaven
[Citation needed]
>it's forced down your throat
Not going to argue this. Microsoft was really shitty with that.
>and it fucks up your perfectly working programs.
I've never seen any program that was fucked up, and I use a lot of Japanese software.
>>dude, i have nothing to hide, what are you talking about?
>>b-but it's free
At least choose strawmen that have been used as actual arguments on /g/.
>>
>>54905457
if i go for 10 for my next build is there anything i should do to it? (highly recommended) or just not care like normal.
>>
>>54903886
>finally get windows botnet installed
>go to app store to download firefox like a pleb
>search firefox
>"Edge" "Edge fast safe and secure" "Try Microsoft edge NOW!"
Its gonna be a fun ride
>>
>>54905479
Get Destroy Windows Spying and use that to remove almost everything.
Disclaimer: Using tools designed to break MS programs will break MS programs. For example, the Windows Store won't work when you add MS IPs to your hosts file.
I know that this seems obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people complain about this.
>>
It boots faster than 7. Turn off a few switches in the control panel and no more botnet.
>>
>>54905520
>No more botnet
>Having faith that switches implemented by the people who made an OS designed to harvest your data, actually fully do what they say they do

They don't. Watch you network and disk activity, and look at some of your outgoing packets. They weren't encrypted or compressed last I knew.
>>
>>54903886
look mom I'm autistic!!!!!!
>>
>>54905520
It's {the current year} (sorry for that) and people still fucking believe that it can be just turned off. Damn.

In any case, you have retards on both sides. People who think that you're being watched on your sleep and corporations have a great interest in what you do with your life, and write articles about things that actually do not happen (some people benefit from doing this) and people who think that Microsoft is a great company and for sure they will never do anything wrong, so tracking information is just for your own good and safety, and besides you can turn it off with a button because obviously why would Microsoft ever abuse this, right?
>>
>>54905787
Show proof
>>
Why do people still use windows? Surely you aren't dumb enough to think 7 is safer than 10. If you're going to use wangblows you might as well get 10.
>>
>>54903886
Manchild games
>>
>>54903886
>It's a surveillance heaven, it's forced down your throat, and it fucks up your perfectly working programs.
>>dude, i have nothing to hide, what are you talking about?
>Tell me that when your country is a 1984-esque hellhole, where anything that Big Brother doesn't like can get you a ticket to a slow and torturous death.
>>you don't need to use it, you can revert to windows 7
>And spend extra time reconfiguring shit.
>I'm guessing even with Windows 7, Microsoft can backport the telemetry code from Windows 10, so there's no point using Windows if you don't want the NSA spying on you.
>>b-but it's free
>Free, as in freedom, or free, as in no charge?
>It's the latter, obviously.
>Can the shills convince me to start using Windows 10, and not Linux?
>>54903886
Come back when Linux actually gets 3rd party support in terms of software, and then we'll talk
>>
>>54903886
Because we scan.
>>
>>54903886
>And spend extra time reconfiguring shit.
>I'm guessing even with Windows 7, Microsoft can backport the telemetry code from Windows 10, so there's no point using Windows if you don't want the NSA spying on you.
You can block whichev er updates you want in 7
>>
>>54903886
Because you have to hide when using Linux. While on windows 10 I have nothing to hide.
>>
>>54905787
Saying you have retards on both sides is just a tactic to make it seem equivalent when in reality, people have perfectly valid and evidence-supported reasons to be suspicious of Windows 10. All that can be said about the people who don't care is that they're apathetic.

Also corporations literally can watch you in your sleep...
>>
File: 1313684588753.jpg (15 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
1313684588753.jpg
15 KB, 374x250
>windows 10 spies on you
>windows 7 doesnt

When did this meme start?
>>
>>54903886
>1984-esque hellhole, where anything that Big Brother
stopped reading there
>>
>>54905543
>having faith that those same people made windows 7 safe
ok
>>
>>54907660
>>54907669
I started using windows 7 in highschool and thus am comfortable with it and any sort of change is for man children.
I will use all the same arguments that were made against me by diehard XP users back then.

So why use windows 10?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.