[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emacs/Vimfags, explain to me how being able to instantly select
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: evil twin.jpg (685 KB, 2091x1067) Image search: [Google]
evil twin.jpg
685 KB, 2091x1067
Emacs/Vimfags, explain to me how being able to instantly select any part of the screen using your mouse makes you *less* productive than scrolling around with your keyboard.

Hint: you can't.
>>
>>54903425
Because you're a NEET
>>
>>54903425
it doesn`t. also you can do this in vi{m}/emacs too
>>
File: rare-chis-pls-no-save.jpg (15 KB, 236x329) Image search: [Google]
rare-chis-pls-no-save.jpg
15 KB, 236x329
>>54903425
>that pic
>>
>>54903425
how is that pic real? where is it from?
>>
Because you have to move your hand from the homerow to mouse and then back to keyboard
>>
>>54903425
If you really need to, just bind a hotkey for
:set mouse=a

and
:set mouse=

so you can switch between mouse and non-mouse.
You'll end up just not ever using it anyway.
>>
On headless systems, like servers and shit, mice don't work
>>
Context switching.

It may only take a tenth of a second or so but if you are working for a long tine it adds up.
>>
>>54903425
vw, vb, v$ all quite faster than mouse.

I admit that selecting arbitrary large portions of text is faster with mouse but of course you can get the mouse to work with your terminal emulator so lol who cares
>>
>>54903788

Looks like malaysia
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.