[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm just starating to learn C. What are some projects that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm just starating to learn C. What are some projects that are good to start with? I have read a book on C and I want to start putting the knowledge I've collected to use.
>>
>>54901137
1. Make a doubly linked list.

2. Use the doubly linked list to make a chained hash table

3. Use the LinkedList and HashTable to make a file system crawler, indexer, and search engine. (build a module that reads the content of a file into memory, parses it into a series of words, and builds a linked list of (word, position) information. Build modules that convert a series of these linked lists into an in-memory, inverted index. Use this in-memory, inverted index to build a query processor that has a console-based interface.)

4. Write code that takes an in-memory inverted index produced by (3) and writes it out to disk in an architecture-neutral format. Write C code that walks through an on-disk index to service a lookup. Write a query processor that serves queries from multiple on-disk indices.

5. Implement a multithreaded Web server front-end to your query processor.
>>
solve women.
>>
>>54901137
https://projecteuler.net/
>>
>>54901207
>you'll never be smart enough to do step 3+
>>
>>54901344
Do you need some elaboration on where to begin?

I'm sure you could do it if you a) complete steps 1 and 2 and b) Took a few moments googling the terms I used and c) planned out the data structures you need and how they interact and d) worked on it for a few days.
>>
Try creating a fictional company database using structures and pointers
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.