[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independent Refresh Rates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: refresh_rate.jpg (65 KB, 590x255) Image search: [Google]
refresh_rate.jpg
65 KB, 590x255
I have a 144hz and a 60hz monitor, both 1080p. I'd like both to be hooked up but i'm not sure if i'm able to have two different refresh rates?

Like i'd use one for gaming, and the other for a browser window open or whatever.

I have a GTX 770
>>
>>54897154
You can have two different refresh rates.
>>
>>54897154
>770
>getting more than 60 fps in games that aren't league of legends

amybe if you have an i7
>>
>>54897154
Should be fine
>>
If you extend display, you can have different refresh rates, surround forces you to sync refresh rates to the lowest rate of your displays.
>>
>>54897219
Will try it out, thanks
>>54897189
overwatch :D
>>
>>54897304
Np, just actually figured this out recently after modding rocket league to do split screen/ full screen on two displays using surround.
>>
>>54897304
Overwatch is surprisingly demanding.

I have a GTX 980 and i run it on medium settings, and get around 100fps.

You'd probably only get 60fps on low settings with a GTX 770.
>>
>>54898891
Oh, I have a 1440p monitor, which makes a pretty big difference. Regardless, 770 isnt going to get you anywhere near 144fps.
>>
>>54898891
im on a 770 running overwatch on a 1080p 144hz in ultra settings. It runs between 95 - 112 fps on borderless windows while browsing and multitasking on a second screen
>>
>>54897183
/thread
>>
>>54898891
Weird, I'm getting 60-70 fps on ultra 1080p with my 750 ti. I would expect better performance on such a higher card.
>>
no point OP,

when you look at the 60hz monitor then look at the 144hz, the 60hz will overpower your brain and eyes and you wont be able to "see" the 144hz and you'll just see 60/60
>>
>>54898910
If the frame rate doesn't drop from 90 it won't show up as choppy, I have a 144 hz monitor and I can tell perfectly if it drops to 85 or lower.

This was my last monitor above 60 hz, even though I can live with lower fidelity, It really stars to kill my head and strain my eyes if the games aren't always fluid.
>>
>>54897183
>>54900434
this is true BUT, not all gpus support that in the way you'd want it, it depends on the gpu and the monitor.
i had two monitors, one could do 60 and the other could do 120, i could only set the other to 100 max or it would go down to 60 if i tried higher
now i have a different monitor and one runs at 60 while the other is maxed to 120

i'm not entirely sure why, but they were different types, one was ips(forgot what it was called) and the other was a tn panel
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.