[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting a Blue Snowball, is there any better choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
Thinking of getting a Blue Snowball, is there any better choice for this cheap price range? I'd like to keep it to around 100 bucks or lower.
USB or not. The /g/ guide is a little barebones on this
>>
AliExpress B 800 with phantom power
>>
>>54887151
Troll
>>
Seriously, the snowball isn't worth it.If you're looking for something USB (aka. don't have an interface & phantom), have a look at something cheap like the Behringer C-1U.If you have a way of plugging in an XLR condenser and powering it then I'd look into the AT2020 (not sure how good it is) or the GXL3000 (been using it for the past year and works great).
>>
>>54887096
The snowball is fine OP. I have one and I quite like it. Just find a good arm for it since you want to be pretty close to it when talking.
>>
Blue is the apple of microphones. Don't do it.

The anon who recommended the BM-800 actually wasn't lying, over in /CSG/ they've done extensive testing and reviewing of the BM-700, BM-800 and BM-8000 condenser microphones and they are all high quality items at a very cheap price.

http://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_239131.html -microphone

http://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_51948.html - cheap usb soundcard capable of driving it in the event that yours can't for some reason. Unlikely you'll need it but in the event you do, testing has proven that it works.

Seriously, the Blues really are nothing special, not in the slightest, you're just buying a brand and it really highlights that anyone using them doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>54887431
>Cheap sound card.
Don't buy a BM if you're not willing to invest in a XLR cable and an interface.
You might as well throw out the XLR to 3.5mm cable as soon as it shows up.
>>
>>54887486
Ok, go tell /csg/ they're all wrong. Go listen to all the vocaroo reviews of them using that very usb soundcard and tell them it doesn't work.
>>
>>54887486
Yep.
Condensers need power, right? So, assuming it IS a condenser, like you said the cable won't do anything. But, looking at the questions on gearbest, someone asks if it will work without power, and the reply is yes... 0_o

>>54887507
Over at /csg/ they probably reviewed it considering tha price and the fact that it is still chink... Most likely, compared to anything "more professional" close in price, it won't get even close.
>>
File: DSC_0053_n.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0053_n.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2000
>>54887096
I bought this, very recently. I can _try_ to answer questions, but I will be honest: I am not as experienced with audio as a lot of anons here.
>>
>>54887535
It sort of works without power, but it's quiet and the reviews are full of people crying about this.
Apparently the shitty soundcard is powered but I wouldn't trust it.
>>54887585
If you still have the box I'm sure you can get half of your money back on ebay.
>>
File: DSC_0055_n.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0055_n.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3000
>>54887614
Why would I want to sell it? I got it as an upgrade over the ghastly headset microphones.
>>
>>54887627
If you just got it to gayme it's fine. I doubt many people on /g/ are using their shiny new condenser mics for anything else.
>>
File: DSC_0056_n.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0056_n.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
>>54887646
Not just to game, but also to test a "decent" microphone vs the headsets that I have here. I cannot use headsets for a long time, as they give me a headache. With this, I can use my headphones with ease.
>>
File: DSC_0057_n.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0057_n.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2000
Anyway, some things to note:

1- This is a USB mic. You cannot use the normal settings that you get with audio drivers that take sound from your 3.5mm jack (noise suppression, etc).
2- It is very sensitive. Picks up my fans, mouse, and keyboard. I may put a sock or something over it later. Or figure how to add a digital noise gate/filter.
3- The $50 option does not have cardiod/omni options. You want the $65 option for those.
4- In terms of audio quality, this is a major upgrade over standard headsets. Not sure how it compares to high quality mics though.
>>
>>54887096
I got a snowball with an arm and pop filter for 100 canadian shekels. It's worth it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.