[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long before we get a 3D concrete printer that can print houses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1461124257485.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461124257485.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1200
How long before we get a 3D concrete printer that can print houses?

>inb4 you wouldn't download a house
>>
>>54885381
Why would you waste your time waiting on something that doesn't need to exist in order to create what you would have created with it in the first place?
>>
>>54885413
Because construction workers are expensive, and 3D printing houses and buildings could potentially be cheaper.
>>
>>54885381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs

>>54885413
It already exists.
>>
It would have to be a really large 3d printer if you do it in one piece.
>>
>>54885431
It's impressive, but they're printing walls, not buildings.

You still have to assemble them.
>>
>>54885461
Some of them have printed complete floor plans, the unit is brought out to the build site, and a tent is erected up around it. An entire house as laid out in 48 hours. Manual labor only had to handle insulation fil, plumbing, electrical, exterior paint, and interior finishing. They even went so far as to print the bath tub out of concrete inside of the bathroom, and it just can an exterior panel finish. Once it had plumbing it was a fully functional built in tub.

The concept behind it is actually incredibly simple.
>>
>>54885381
Technology is already there, just needs somebody to put it all together.
>>
>>54885381
i wish i could grow a sweet beard
>>
>>54885541
I'll grow you one, anon.
>>
>>54885381
Jesus, how can a kid in this day and age not immediately start googling shit you think about? I mean you fucks literally have the worlds largest library at your fingertips 24/7 and yet you fucking don't even think to google shit to see that this shit already exists and homes already have been printed....fucking a
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.