[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Case fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
I'm putting together a computer build list.

Is there any reason to buy 120mm case fans that are more than $8?

Did you spend more than $8 on your fans? Do you feel jewed?

Everywhere I look people are spending 20 bucks on those ugly Noctumeme fans. But is it worth it - for the less sound, and the increased airflow?

It just seems like a big ripoff. It's a fucking fan!
>>
The only thing id buy a decent fan for is the CPU cooler. Anything else for miscellaneous airflow shouldn't be expensive
>>
Don't get those gaymur LED ones. They look super tacky and I regret getting 2 for the front inside of my case just to provide an ambient glow inside the case.
>>
>>54881884
The cheapest one I can find has a blue led, lol

Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to rip it out

>>54881873
I suppose in my use case I should maybe spend a bit more. I'm using a SG13, and there is only room for a single 120mm fan. I'm using the AR06 as a cpu cooler
>>
Also Noctua's Redux fans are like $13 (120mm), and they're gray so they're not as ugly. I think those should be the pretty good in terms of value/quality.

>>54881927
Are they the Corsair AF120s? Those are the ones I got. The SP120s don't have to come with LEDs and they're about the same price ($23 for a two pack on Amazon). The only difference is they're optimized to hold pressure in your case so if it doesn't have enough exhaust, the SP120s will perform better than the AF120s.
>>
>>54881967
Seven dollars http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856016&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
>>
>>54881847
Cheap-ass $8 fans have sleeve bearings which will inevitably shit themselves. Invest in good fans that will last multiple builds.
>>
>>54881967
Corsair fans have sleeve bearings and are overpriced for what they are.
>>54881847
http://www.overclock.net/t/1394467/
>>
It's really not much money, an extra $50 or so overall?
If you're going for a budget build then sure, stay consistent, but if it's a build over $1000 why cut corners?
Noctua makes 140s and 120s in black (footpads are still dark brown).
>>
>>54881847
I just pick the cheapest most efficient ones with the least amount of refunds - that's a good sign.
>>
>>54883434
I still have my Papst fans from 10-15 years ago. I paid maybe 15 dollar for each of them. They all still works great. I don't use them that much anymore tho, none of them supports pwm control, and I only have a couple of 120mm ones.
>>
>>54883559
>footpads are still dark brown
This annoys the shit out of me
>>
>>54883929
>Noctua's default color scheme
WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MATCH YOU FUCKING RETARDS?
MANILA COMPUTER CASES FROM THE 90s?
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
JUST MAKE IT NORMAL
JUST MAKE IT NORMAL
REEEEEE
>>
File: noctua_nf_s12b_redux_5.jpg (46 KB, 650x419) Image search: [Google]
noctua_nf_s12b_redux_5.jpg
46 KB, 650x419
>>54884133
Their redux line is cheaper (at the cost of some features, I forgot what specifically) and isn't so atrociously colored. Apparently the Corsair fans in my system are shit, does anyone know if the Noctua's redux one are better? Will they run quieter, or will they just last longer?
>>
>>54881847
>Is there any reason to buy 120mm case fans that are more than $8?

There fucking is, m8. Right now you're looking at it and them 5 dolla fans look fine, but once you boot and that rig sounds like a fucking Concord you'll fucking regret it. Do yourself a favor and buy some low dB fans.

As far as LED memes are concerned, it doesn't matter. Buy the color you like or ones with no LED, nobody gives a fucking damn.
>>
>>54881847
>Did you spend more than $8 on your fans? Do you feel jewed?
yes and no

I have 2 noctua fans which were 24 euros and a scythe one that was 14 i think. Before that I always had cheap ones and led fans. not only does my pc run cooler it also is a LOT quieter.
>>
>>54884133
Bruh you put them in a box and then close the box, why do you give a single shit about the color?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.