[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
patched kernel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1439130567887.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439130567887.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So, I'm thinking of installing a patched kernel. -ck and -zen seem promising. Which one is better? -ck seems more popular.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Linux-ck
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Overview#zen-sources
>>
I'm curious about this too
>>
>>54878199
As am I. -ck seems to have made my penis erect after merely scanning that wiki page.
>>
Niggers.
>>
Niggers niggers.
>>
>>54878048
INSTALL OPENBSD
>>
>>54880285
No, don't. Now fuck off Theo, nobody wants to use your bunk-ass heap of shit "operating system".
>>
File: smug afrikaaner and fatman.jpg (214 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
smug afrikaaner and fatman.jpg
214 KB, 1024x768
>>54880309
INSTALL OPENBSD
>>
>>54880367
I want to rub shit into his soul patch.
>>
i quite like liquorix
>>
>>54880663
I don't. It tastes like shit and it's black, I mean come on.
>>
>>54880679
you're thinking of liquorice (which is also like)
>>
>>54880696
Fuck me. Yes, that was the joke, but apparently it went so far over your head that it got hijacked and flown into a major landmark.

Come on son.
>>
>>54880745
>it went so far over your head that it got hijacked and flown into a major landmark.
maybe you should just accept that you're bad at telling jokes
>>
File: computer.jpg (162 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
162 KB, 978x550
linux-lts or go segfault
>>
>>54880774
That made my insides sore.

:'-(
>>
>>54878048
Install zen.
>>
Linux-libre or go home
Don't you care about free software?
>>
I was running a ck patched kernels for a while but a recent version bugged out on me giving me a huge trouble shooting headache that I thought was gccs problem, but turned out to be a threading issue with the ck kernel when trying to due multiple jobs with gcc. It would make my machine crawl with an unkillable task. It would do it with anything that created a new thread.

I run gentoo-sources now, but might try it again some time as it kicked ass when it came to disk writes.
>>
>he has to ask about the patches he's applying

You don't understand the spells you're casting wizardman.
>>
>>54880367
i like how even theo, the king of assholes, can smile more than that autist to the right of him
>>
>>54878048
could you ask specifics or do you just want us to do your research for you
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.