[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in even applying to a place like Google?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (820 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
820 KB, 1200x800
What's the point in even applying to a place like Google? With over 2 million applicants a year, your chances of success are 10 times lower than getting into Harvard.

My University had a job fair this year and Google was there. The line to their table had probably over 100 people in it.

Is there any reason to even try?
>>
>>54874170
Because if you aren't a shitter, you'll get an interview.
>>
Maybe you will be one of the few lucky ones to work at Google. Same thing for plenty of the other major tech companies.
>>
If you're such a lazy sack of shit that you can't even bother spending 30 minutes tweaking your résumé and clicking the "attach file" button, then you don't deserve to be employed there (or anywhere).
>>
>>54874191

So you're saying the majority who apply are retards?
>>
>>54874239
The majority of people who apply to Harvard are retards too, just have a good portfolio and background, than you'll be fine
>>
If you're a piece of shit, don't even bother. I applied to medical school in the US and every University receives thousands of applications to fill like 100-150 spots. More than half don't even get to the interview because they're shit. It's just that everyone wants to be a doctor so they apply, no matter how badly prepared they are for the application process.

Same shit with Google. If you're interested in a job there, consider the quality of your resume and whether or not you can handle their interview process (should you not be total shit relative to the other applicants) .
>>
>>54874239
The majority of applicants everywhere are retards. The shitty webdev farms who claim they only hire the top 1%? They're not even lying, getting even 2-3 acceptable candidatures out of 100 would be a lucky exception not the rule. I've seen plenty of graduates complaining how it's hard to get hired bouhou but wait until you're on the other side of the interviewing table, it's a thousand times worse to shift trough piles of shit just to plug some entry level role in your biz.
>>
2 million people apply, but i guarantee 99% of those applicants are people who googled (kek) "best company to work for 2016" and then just went along for the ride.

What I would be interested to know is how many people are actually fully capable for the job and how they decide to filter down say, 2000 capable people to 1 perfect candidate.
>>
File: stallman_hand_on_forehead.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
stallman_hand_on_forehead.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
>>54874170
>wanting to work at google
i hope it is to try and destroy it from the inside
>>
>>54877046
believe it or not wanting to work at google is a huge thing among programmers. people doesnt even care that its ethics suck, they want to work there for the top tier engineering
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.