[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no speakers or audio thread help >M-Audio Bx8 D2 >M-Audio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: decision.jpg (420 KB, 1468x856) Image search: [Google]
decision.jpg
420 KB, 1468x856
>no speakers or audio thread

help

>M-Audio Bx8 D2
>M-Audio M-Track MKII
>370 USD

>JBL LSR 305
>Focusrite Scarlett Solo
>445 USD

which one should I get? I need the audio device for an electric guitar, a mic, a headphone with low impedance and obviously as a dac for the speakers

at first I wanted to get the JBL pair with the scarlett solo, but then I found this m-audio deal, which should cost the same, but they give me a discount if I buy them like this, so it's cheaper

please help, if the difference is absolutely negligible then I would obviously want to go for the cheaper deal, I'm a bit short on money
>>
>>54873423
>Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Garbage drivers that have not been updated in years.
>>
Get the presonus audiobox it beats the focusrite 2i2
>>
File: based lsr305.jpg (95 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
based lsr305.jpg
95 KB, 800x619
>>54873423
I can't speak for the M-Audio speakers, but I love my LSR305s. Awesome purchase decision.

I agree with the other anons, whatever you do don't get the focusrite, you can find better nowadays.
>>
>>54873449
Does it really?
>>
Avoid m-audio products at all costs. They used to be good but are shit-tier now, even obscure chink brands like midiplus are doing better hw
>>
>>54873558 yeah and it's cheaper only 100 USD online but it's 150 in retail
>>
>>54873558
I've got an audiobox, the only problem I have with it is that the input gain and headphone volume knobs can be a bit hard to turn but i'm not constantly adjusting them anyway
>>
Im really happy with my budget solution. I have behringer UMC202HD and Samson MediaOne monitors. Interface was actually bought mostly for recording and it's great. Tried scarlet first but ended up buying UMC202.
>>
>>54873590
What does it do better than the 2i2?
>>
File: 1459812810069.jpg (281 KB, 2048x1284) Image search: [Google]
1459812810069.jpg
281 KB, 2048x1284
Hello /speakers/. I have a few pairs of low tier passive speakers. I have been doing a lot of work on my car lately and I have a really shitty set of passives in my garage that are not doing the job because I live in florida and need 3 fans in order to stay cool and mosquito free while im working, so Im looking to trade them out for some passives I have. What I would like from you guys is a cheap and efficient stereo amp in order to power them, I notice the traditional lepai amp is out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Lepai-LP-2020A-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B0049P6OTI?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=buynowusaselling-20
And the one replacing it is also out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Lepy-LP-2020A-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B00C2P61FO/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

So, are there any other suggestions? I would like to pay $25 and under but I do want a linear amplifier without a shit ton of distortion that isn't due to my speakers being lower tier. Obviously I will compromise on the price but thats what I'm shooting for. Thanks.
>>
>>54875444
Bump
>>
>>54873423
I have the focus rite 2i2 which sounds like what you'd want since you'll be recording two things (and you may find it more natural to do both at the same time). Got it for $150 and for that price it's pretty worth. I just use with headphones so I can't speak to speaker functionality. The mic I use is an at 2035 and it's pretty magnificent for about $100
>>
>>54873423
Wtf? Where's the headphone gain knob for the scarlett solo?
>>
I can't speak for the 2i2, but I own the 18i20 which uses the same components and preamps, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.