[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Importance of touch-typing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ozone.jpg (73 KB, 960x542) Image search: [Google]
ozone.jpg
73 KB, 960x542
Do you touch-type?

Do you feel it's an important skill for coders and other profesionals who type often?

What are your experiences/stories on this subject?

Pic semi-related: my current keyboard.
>>
File: cia niggers.jpg (15 KB, 304x341) Image search: [Google]
cia niggers.jpg
15 KB, 304x341
>>54872592
Touch typing is not important. I type fine with three fingers. It's all about how experienced you are with your style.
>>
>>54872639
Didn't imply you can't type fast as hell, but maybe touch-typing makes it more likely and/or easier to achieve?
>>
Touchtyping fast as hell since I was 11.
>>
>>54872687
fast as hell without it*
>>
>>54872639
Touch typing has nothing to do with how many fingers you use, guy. It's whether or not not you look at the keyboard when you do it.
>>
it comes naturally after using the computer for a few years. Also >>54872639 this, I use 2 primarily and probably another 2 total max depending on the key.
>>
I did the whole 3-4 finger thing until about 6 months ago. Been behind the computer since I was 3-4.
Finishing my CS degree thought it might be a good idea to know how to touch type.
A few hours of Mavis beacon over a few weeks later I can't even remember how I typed before.
>>
>>54872782
>>54872747
Well, I meant touch-typing with the strictly correct finger placement.
>>
>>54872747
This

Touch typing != proper typing.

Touch typing is just being able to type without looking at what you're doing.

I'd wager most touch typists aren't 100% "proper" in their finger placement. I know i'm not because my fingers are long as fuck so a few of the keys I use the wrong finger on because it's faster and easier for me.
>>
>>54872802
So let me rephrase: What is the importance of proper typing?
>>
>>54872875
Nothing particularly. It's more of a guideline than it is custom tailored to every individuals hand size and range of motion.

It will help you gain better accuracy if your current method is pecking at letters like a chicken. But its going to depend how you currently type if it will help anything or not.

I had proper typing classes in highschool and learned the proper hand positions and finger positions, I have since adjusted them to more suit my own typing style.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.