[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chromebook Pixel Hackintosh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: b290369.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
b290369.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
I thinking on buying a Chromebook Pixel (2013) to make out of it a hackintosh . Apart from learning to use OS X, I can complete my collection of hardware runnin different OS. I already have a Desktop PC running Arch, an Android tablet, and a Windows Tablet with keyboard. What does /g think? Do you have any guides on how to install Mac OS on the 2013 Chromebook Pixel?
>>
>>54856625
You cant do that OP
>>
>>54856625
Laptops aren't usually hackintoshable. Unless there are multiple, easily-findable guides and success reports, assume it cannot be done.
>>
>>54856625
I doubt that is even realistically possible. At best, and really only if you already have experiences with hackintosh and put some work in it, you'll get half of the device working.

Just buy a rMBP. It's quite universally a better device and you won't have any trouble getting OS X running on those, promise.
>>
>>54859580
The other option that I am considering is a Thinkpad. Could be more fit for a Hakintosh. If not, I will just install another Linux distro.
>>
There are a few laptops that can be hackintoshed. But in most cases, you'd better buy a MacBook or just use another OS.
>>
>>54860919
Don't bother, had a desktop system that was 100% compatible.
i5 3570k
GA-z77 MOBO

Worked okay, but ran into a lot of kernal errors and it crashed.

If you really want Mac OS specific software buy a mac.

If you want something that looks like OSX just use eOS or whatever the DE is called on top of a minimal install of whatever distro you prefer. I believe the UbuntuMini.iso comes with it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>54860919
Thinkpad seems to be a good bet, based off this guide: http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
Haven't tried it myself, but looks good.
>>
>>54856625
op just run galliumos
pixel is nicer than any thinkpad.
>>
>>54856625
How about you buy a good laptop instead? Get an used Dell Precision M4600, they have good hackintosh compatibility and nonshit hardware
>>
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.