[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Messenger Mobile Site
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I don't have Google apps on my cyanogenmod android, but still use memebook for staying in contact with friends and such.

I used to use the mobile FB website for messages and shit, just fine. This morning they pushed an update that breaks that functionality, forcing a "download memessenger".

What do blackberry/Ubuntu phone/Firefox OS/kindle/amazon devices/Mobile website only devices do? Isn't there a mobile friendly Web version of this somewhere?

Also, I know the chat protocols are proprietary, can't there be any 3rd party platform support? There is a (niche) market for Web only mobile devices that can't use messenger app
>>
Bumping.
>>
works on my machine.

I can still send and receive messages on m.facebook.com
>>
Disa.im
>>
>>54856261
Motherfucker. You don't get a "soon you'll need to migrate to messenger" and then a not loading error? What device are you on? I'm motoG
>>
>>54856273
It works with FB messenger? FB stopped using XMLL or whatever open protocol they were using before, now it's a proprietary chat protocol.
>>
>>54856045
>>Not using glorious and superb Open Gapps
>>
>>54856303
I've thought of using it.... MicroG right?

I honestly just sideload whatever proprietary apks I need, and if they require Google play services I fuck them.

Messenger is just fucking insane with its permissions... Same with FB app too desu. I just want a fucking webapp is that too much to ask for? Contain all my data to my browser so it doesn't try to force access to location services and contacts and shit
>>
>>54856045
there is an x top-right that closes this ad
>>
>>54856398
Right, then it won't load any of my messages afterward... Plus it breaks tinfoil hat for facebook from the FDroid store
>>
>>54856412
I looked and it seems you just have to remove the refid from the urls. Probably a Firefox addon could do that. Alternatively use the desktop versions. Pretty stupid move though.
>>
>>54856045
Fuck of normalfag
>>
>>54856280
>Motherfucker.
Nope, only fucking my gf.
Who is really hot!
and sexy!
And I fucking her!
did i already tell you that I have a gf?
;^)
>You don't get a "soon you'll need to migrate to messenger" and then a not loading error?
nope and nope. Just the usual little wait with some js "busy" animation, and then the msg is sent.
>What device are you on? I'm motoG
Blackberry Q10 with glorious BBOS10 and hardware keyboard.
>>
>>54856045
www.messenger.com doesn't work for you? I just use this instead to keep in contact, also to avoid seeing the cancerous news feed of posts and pages i liked since i was nine on plebbook.
>>
>>54856652
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>"my gf"
kill yourself twice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.