[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some audio help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: $_1.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
Hey /g/, recently acquired a 5.1 surround sound amp from my aunt who didnt need it anymore. Want to hook it up to my current system, however with the way everything is set up in my basement I pretty much won't be able to do a 5.1 setup, trying to manage speakers in the back will be a pain in the ass. I was thinking of just wiring the front/center speakers and leaving it at that. On a 2.1 surround sound setup I assume that it outputs all frequencies to the 3 speakers. By upgrading to 5.1 and leaving out the back speakers will I miss a large amount of frequencies? Like will it my overall sound sound different wired on a 5.1 setup w/o back speakers vs a 2.1 amplifier?
>>
If your amp is anything like mine, it should have a way to configure it to output 3.1. It should then automatically downmix to 3.1.
Btw, if you have 2 front channels, 1 center channel and 1 subwoofer, your setup is 3.1 not 2.1.
>>
>>54841201
i thought that too, but I don't even know if there are settings on this thing. It's pic related btw. All it seems to have is a volume knob.
>>
>>54841248
>Pic related...
Lulz just throw that trash out op.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3B_KKyntQE
>>
>>54841290
Jesus that video is long. Here let me save you 5 min.
https://youtu.be/i3B_KKyntQE?t=468

Those things are literally house fire tier.
>>
Wow, the back of this one from the video is literally the same as the one i have, minus a few written pieces on it. I even tried to look for the remote in the Smart IR Remote (which by the way had a hi-fi speaker system from 1995 that im still currently using), and it couldn't find the exact model of it, only one that half worked. By the way the subwoofer is literally a clone of the one in the vid I can pretty much say yeah this is easily part of the white van speaker scam. Maybe I'll try to sell this set to a pawn shop and use the money to repair my current system.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.