[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know some python but I really wanna get into programming. Tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1446494987917.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
1446494987917.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1363
I know some python but I really wanna get into programming. Tell me, /g/, what is THE BOOK?
>>
>I want to be good at karate
>what book should I read?

Kill yourself
>>
>>54840508
>Get into a 4chan
>Tell people to kill themselves

Kill yourself
>>
>>54840540
Write 100k LOC, it's the only way to get good
>>
>>54840598
what should my first 100 try to do? I know just a little bit more beyond hello world stuff
>>
>>54840661
Are you just programming because you think it is cool? Do you buy wood and tools without having anything in mind to do with them?

You sound like a waste of my time.

Build something you want to build. If you don't know how, figure out how.
>>
>>54840860

Im just intrigued about the mechanisms that make this shit work like it does. I'm not looking to build anything I'm just looking for the knowledge, I dont still dont know what the tools are and how they behave although I know the potential is nearly limitless. I have other hobbies and my job is totally heading in the opposite place of life / knowledge but I'm just looking for a big gathering of wisdom towards this topic to make my little coding not to be just "figuring how this shit works" rather than "figure the right things in the right order"
>>
>>54840918
Follow some guide then. MIT has python courses you can take for free online, so does Udacity. There are also books like Learn Python the Hard Way
>>
>>54840426
Do you want to get into programming, design, or mathematics? (And do you know the difference?)
>>
Programming in 2016 = copypaste from stack exchange and try to understand the code so you can build other stuff on it
>>
File: ArtOfComputerProgramming.jpg (19 KB, 220x310) Image search: [Google]
ArtOfComputerProgramming.jpg
19 KB, 220x310
>>54840426
The only book you'll ever need OP
>>
>>54840426
There's books that explain how shit should be done.

There's no books that can teach you how to use a brain i.e. finding a solution to a problem.

If you want to do something for a good reason then go read up on that particular subject and start doing bits and pieces of what you're trying to achieve as you go along. Eventually once you have a decent understanding of how things work you'll just end up rewriting everything into hopefully something that has a semblance of order.

There's plenty of resources online and desu a book is useless for a beginner. First you need to understand the syntax somewhat so you can actually do something and then you need to get used to using that language.
>>
>>54841218
fucking filters desu
>>
The Dragon Book
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.