[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on NordVPN, /g/? I'm looking for a VPN provider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2238fe4b1c909d5364b010fc6fef.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2238fe4b1c909d5364b010fc6fef.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
Opinions on NordVPN, /g/?
I'm looking for a VPN provider that's fairly cheap and has a no-logging policy.
>>
I got it 2 weeks ago. From my experience so far it's fast, reliable and they take privacy/security pretty seriously. I would have to spend more time with it to give you a recommendation though
>>
>>54833058
>You can’t be safe without VPN. It’s a fact.
>claims to be "safer than if you were actually at the bank or store."
lolno
>>
>no logging "policy"

This is just a maymay. If they want to log, they will. If a court or investigatory body tells them to log, they will.

You need to depend on technology that will protect your anonymity, not meaningless corporate policies.
>>
The no log thing is indeed a meme but they do have an incentive to actually do what they promise. Obviously if you use a VPN to do illegal things (aside from torrents etc) I have no sympathy if you get caught because that's not only fucked up but really stupid and naive.
>>
I always thought that the no-log policy does work for companies based in shady/loose countries. Is that not true?
>>
>>54833058
They're pretty good. Speeds are pretty good. Notably the German nodes. They provide their app for connecting on Mac, Windows, IOS, and Android, with linux support promised soon. Of course it works just fine on Linux anyways because they provide you with the openvpn config files and ca certs to connect anyways. Worth the price. 9/10
>>
>>54833912
There are plenty of countries where they don't have to keep logs, but you can never be sure they aren't doing it of their own accord to see who's using up all the bandwidth or something like that
>>
For $36 per year, it's pretty great.
>>
>>54833058
>Located in Panama
This is where all the good stuff happens...

I'm using Mullvad, but I've been running into CloudFlare captcha's a lot and some of my accounts got suspended probably because shared IP/VPN. Anybody else running into those problems?
>>
>>54835851
Use the 443 port, faggot.
>>
What does "pretty good" speeds mean? I'm on a gigabit connection so how much of that would NordVPN be able to keep up with? The fastest I've been able to get was PIA doing about 120 mbps, which isn't bad as far as VPNs go, but they're based in the US so they're most likely an NSA honeypot.
>>
>>54833058
Run your own VPN server, pussy nigga.
>>
>>54833058
I use ivpn. It's pretty good. Still banned on 4chan though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.