[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate does Silicon Valley hit home to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
How accurate does Silicon Valley hit home to you?
>>
Close enough.
Everything is a meme and you should just follow redditor's flow IRL if you don't want to become full frog r9k style.
>>
Really sad that the show was sold to the creators of Big Bang Theory

It had so much potential
>>
>>54832397
that explains the stupid forced humour all this season
>>
>>54832397
Source on that?
I also notice that there seemed to be more and more jokes targeted to a reddit audience but I thought it was just popularity and lack of inspiration.
>>
>>54832556
What Do you mean? Watched all seasons last week and didnt notice it
>>
>>54832589
the recent tab space thing was pretty cringeworthy
>>
>>54832397
Sauce?
>>
The first season is close enough.

But everybody thinks hes like the main protagonist while they're acting like the douche with the afro.
>>
>>54832635
the vim vs emacs part actually made me laugh though
>>
>>54832691
you must be an emacs using degenerate
>>
>>54832685
*in silicon valley
>>
>>54832705
>using vim

>look at me I'm el haxx0rro jajajajajaja install ganooo looniiiiix jajajajajajajjaaa

gedit/pycharm best shit
>>
>>54832736
>I don't like what you like so it must be shit hur durr
Gtfo faggot
>>
Silicon Valley is not believable anymore. If there was some magic algorithm that compressed gigabytes of data down into tiny streams there would be huge funding for it. The fact that they have a half dozen programmers working on it makes the plot retarded. The show would have been funnier if they did a thing on a web startup in San Francisco where there is much more hipster culture and weird funding arrangements.
>>
>>54832397
Noooooo fuck, SV is my favorite show and don't want it turn into trash like bang theory and GoT
>>
>>54832843
see betas. it was a good show, too bad they canceled it after season 1.
>>
>>54832804
>he fell for 'using arguments on /g/' meme

ur a homosex senpai
>>
>>54832556
I thought this season was one of the funniest. I really liked the drill to the harddrive scene, i know people who act just like that
>>
>>54832857
>bungalow theorem is thrash
true
>GoT is thrash
not true
it's overhyped for sure but it's still one of the best shows airing now
Daenerys is shit tho, I don't know why didn't they killed her yet
>>
>>54832963
I just hope she'll finally come westros, start her SJW revolution until she gains power and eventually evolves in a evil character like the mad king. I don't like stronk womyn in the show.

I have no interest in danaerys anymore after she stopped showing her boobs and gain weight.
>>
>>54832884
>dat trailer
seems even more bazinga than silicon valley does right now
>>
>>54832943
just small gems here and there
>barker's chair has less of barker's ass rubbed all over it than richard
>>
Not enough chinks. The awkwardness is also toned down in the show, and no one is as witty or funny as any of the characters. Even Big Head's funnier than most I know.
>>
>>54833526
>Not enough chinks.
Hollywood hates Asians.
>>
Do pakis poo in loo?
>>
>>54832691
I think they had it backwards, though - wouldn't Richard be more of a Vim guy at this point?
>>
also
>not recognizing that Veep is superior
just want to make sure that you guys don't actually SHIGYADIG
>>
last episode was shit
it had nothing and basically forced humor so that someone can relate (tabs vs. spaces, relationshits, vim vs emacs, autism and faggotry)
>>
It hits me in all the right spots as a black guy
>>
>>54834407
>:
his reason for wanting tabs was that it conserved space but gets angry that someone uses vim over emacs...
>>
>>54830807
They are way way way too social for my liking.
>>
w2c cutie a indents with space using vim gf?

I guess I'll start using github and upload my shit scripts there.
>>
>>54830807

Having worked at a couple of "startups"[1] in the Bay Area, and knowing quite a few people who have worked at startup-culture-oriented-bigcos (Google, Facebook, Amazon), I'd say it's goddamn spot-on.

Silicon Valley is to tech work in Silicon Valley as Office Space was to work in regular companies.
>>
>>54836887

Oops, forgot my footnote.

[1] - one of the "startups" was just a privately held company. They clung to the "startup" identity in a bid to flog the workers harder. But the thing had been around for like a decade without hitting any huge growth. There are tons of companies like this, not to mention all the "startups" that are just some clueless douche with a Wordpress blog that wants to be "a connector". Oh, and "idea guy". Jesus Christ, fucking "idea guy". Oh Jesus, and how could I forget Stanford MBA guy? Ugh. At least they tend to target funded startups, even if they're idiotic, doomed ideas.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.