[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problems with the Surface Book? I'm looking at getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Problems with the Surface Book?

I'm looking at getting a Surface Book and want to know what problems people have had with it.
>>
>Microsoft
>Windows 10

Do I need to say any more?
>>
>>54829869
Costs more than a Thinkpad
>>
>>54829995
I had a Thinkpad and the only good thing I can say about it is that it was as strong as a rock.
>>
>>54829869
early driver issues caused crashing when using the docking function
>>
Mine was hanging regularly until I ran a few updates.

Hang on to the stylus, they are easy to lose.

Has one (1) USB port.

Battery life better than typical laptop but not as good as a well-designed android tablet.

Decent mouse sold separately; have to use bluetooth in order to conserve the sole USB port.
>>
>>54829869
Watched someone using one at a meeting, that hinge is garbage. The thing was jiggling back and forth the while time, any kind of vibration would trigger it
>>
>>54830186
Do you think it was wiggling because he just treated the hinge like crap or if the hinge was just crap to start with
>>
>>54829869
Get the SP4 instead. Much more useful.
>>
The hinge release never worked properly.

It constantly would completely lock up and not come out of sleep.

I sent it back.
>>
>>54829869
I work at an office where it became "the hot new thing" among execs. The only problem they have is difficulty running two monitors above 1400p and the docking station which is 100% garbage. If you aren't running multiple high resolution monitors then this isn't an issue.

>>54830258
This is solved 99.999% of the time with a reset into the surface bios and is the only other issue i've had with them. With system updates I rarely see this anymore.
>>
>>54829869
Only gripe is how expensive it is but I'm a poorfag so yeah. I also recommend you get a bluetooth mouse if you don't like the stylus input but other than that it's a great buy.
>>
>>54830238
Not the guy you replied to but it's definitely the normal hinge. I've seen/used one, and it's definitely noticeable but not unusable.
>>
>>54829995
Soon it won't with the surfacebook 2 release
>>
>>54830258
both of these things all the time, we bought 5 and also returned them lol
>>
Can I install Gentoo on it? If not it's garbage.
>>
Too expensive :'(
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.