[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, was this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Now that the dust has settled, was this any good?
>>
>>54826699
Yes.

But not for the price MS wants.
>>
>>54826699
My friend has one. The drivers still aren't perfect, for instance any program using the GPU in any capacity will block the top piece from disconnecting. - A good deal of background services can do this, esp. if you're a developer. My friend sometimes has to go into task manager to exit background tasks that use the gpu.

The design is high quality, but dust easily collects in the hinge, and my friend has problems with metal dust from his shop getting magnetically attracted into the case, although this may be less of a surface book specific problem.

I'm interested in getting one because I like the aesthetics, but I'll be waiting for more fixes/ a price drop OR the second that's coming out later this year.

In the mean time, a better alternative may be produced by another group, so keep an eye out.
>>
>>54826805

Thanks senpai.
>>
>>54826699
After having the chance to use one in person, I love it. The specs can get very considerable. It's just out of the price range I would ever consider.
>>
Yes, friend has one and it's great. I'd spend $400 less for one without the detachable meme. Don't need the pen or the gpu. Not everyone who wants a premium ultrabook needs graphic design features
>>
>>54826805
Second one coming out this year allegedly has a 4k screen aka 16:9 aka shit
>>
>>54826699
had one, returned it for full refund before the deadline.

The whole gimmick, being able to flip the screen over, does little because there are zero physical buttons after.
For a kindle, only being able to swipe is okay, you just need to change pages.
For photoshop, painting or modeling, a lack of buttons means it takes 10x longer than doing the art on a real art system.

Wacom devices are also overpriced (just like the surface book), but they have the buttons needed to not take 10x longer to do good artwork.

Some people will find niche uses for the device, but it feels like $1000 worth of tech at a $2200 price point.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.