[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a tenant living downstairs has moved away, and he left his laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Picture1.png (26 KB, 707x294) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
26 KB, 707x294
a tenant living downstairs has moved away, and he left his laptop behind. he works as an IT guy. is it possible to extract the information from his HDD?
or is bitlocker 100% SECURE as people says?
>>
>>54825714
ring up the nsa for some help
>>
>>54825714
Give it back matt
>>
>>54825714
>left his laptop behind.
no give it back tyrone
>>
>>54825714
give it back pajeet
>>
>>
>>54825714
FInd out the passcode in the others disk
>>
>>54825714
Yeah, you're not getting into it. Give it back Tyrone.
>>
>>54825728
>>54825741
>>54825742
>>54825756
no, he didn't forget about it. he told my dad to break his laptop. he got a new one and he was a bit reluctant to break his old one himself.
>>
what you are suggesting is a federal and possibly state crime

enjoy prison
>>
File: 1310955629787.gif (2 MB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
1310955629787.gif
2 MB, 310x233
>>54826200
wow, /g/ has really shaped up during the recent years.
>>
>>54825714
>or is bitlocker 100% SECURE as people says?
Nope, chances are both Microsoft and the NSA can unlock it. But not your average person, and definitely not a nosy slumlord or neighbor.
>>
i bet ur a nigger
>>
>>54825714
>he

Why do you want in so bad? Hoping for some dick pics?
>>
>>54825799
backup the drive and bruteforce it you faggot
if your shitty laptop is gonna take 30k years to break it then overclock your cpu to run at 30k x the speed faggot
>>
>>54825714
Bitlocker is not your run of the mill password protection scheme, its not even a phone lock, its advanced encryption that encodes the individual bits themselves, rendering the data unreadable to anything but the authorized user with the decryption key and possibly (rumor) Microsoft.

It cannot be decrypted in any feasible means without the decryption key or a side-channel attack. It probably cannot even be decrypted at all in the 21st century.

Do you remember what the last words of the TrueCrypt developers were? They even recommended us to use Bitlocker, that should tell you about its high security, I use it too.
>>
>>54825714
Back-of-the napkin calculations show that it'll take at minimum 1.02*10^18 years on a supercomputer. Just overclock your PC a few million times and it'll be good. If you're more the adventurous type, you can devote your life to researching quantum cryptography and create a quantum supercomputer to break it in a reasonable amount of time
>>
>>54827140
If you're not into research or anything like that go ahead an apply for a job at the NSA.

Simply ask them to disclose whatever backdoor they jewed microsoft into putting into their "secure" cryptographic RNG.
>>
If the laptop is good just throw the drive away and keep the device.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.